Chapter 9

After getting caught in the closet, Katy and Dexter declared that the two hormonal teenagers should be separated before they actually ended up doing "the deed".  This of course, led to their protests.

"Dexter, we weren't having--" Dannie tried to convince the boy but he only covered his ears with his hands and ignored her.

"Lalalalalala I can't hear you!"

"He'll only listen to you if you call it scoodlepooping," Seth said rolling his eyes.

"Fine, Dexter, we really weren't scoo--"

"It doesn't matter," Katy said cutting her sister off.  "You two are sleeping in separate rooms tonight."

"I didn't want to sleep in the same room as Seth anyways," Dannie scoffed.  What reason would she have for rooming with Seth?  After that incident, all four of them had gone to their respective rooms to get some sleep.  

***

 Dannie rolled over in her blue and black checkered covers as sunlight streamed in through her window.  Groggily blinking open her eyes, she looked at the clock on her nightstand.

It was already noon.  Stretching before she got up, Dannie straightened her oversized t-shirt and made her way downstairs without checking her reflection.

"We're going to the history museum!" Dexter howled as Dannie entered the kitchen.  All the siblings including Van and Quinn were crowded around the kitchen island while the adults sat at the circular table.

"No, we are going to see Dead Bodies!" Katy said back.

"I'm cool with whatever," Quinn said.

"I say we stay home," Van grunted.

"I personally think Dead Bodies is pretty cool," Oliver said putting in his opinion.  Seth sat back quietly and watched the debate as he chewed his chocolate chip muffin.

Dannie stepped closer to their little circle and in an instant, all eyes were on her.  Seth looked at her face and couldn't contain the snicker that escaped.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"  Dannie glared at him and grabbed an apple to eat.

"You've got a bit of drool," Oliver chuckled wiping the side of her mouth roughly with a finger.

"Shut up," Dannie grumbled. Laughter resounded from around the table as the previous discussion continued.

"Guys and girls! Listen up!" Mrs. Hale shouted over the bickering siblings.  Everybody went silent and look expectantly at her.  The brown tresses of her hair hung just below her shoulder and the light makeup on her face gave her a clean cut appearance.  "We have good news and bad news."

The Hales waited patiently while the Parkers fidgeted and played with their food, eager to hear the announcement.  Boys.

"The good news is that in two weeks, we will be going on a cruise to the Caribbean!"  All of the kids cheered except for Van who simply rolled his eyes at everybody else's enthusiasm.  "But the bad news is that if you want to go, you will have to do some housekeeping chores today."

Everybody's face dropped into a sullen expression.  

"Van and Oliver have to go attend to their shifts at De Vivre.  Quinn will be in charge of taking Katy and Dexter out to the park today.  And Dannie and Seth will remain at home to clean the windows.  Then tomorrow, you may go to a museum or whatever attractions you wish to see.  Goodbye!"