A Huslters Prayer- Missing Pieces.

[Michael]

"Aye cuh you fuckin' up." Chris yelled over the loud popping of the guns.

Savage instructed we continue our monthly visits to the gun range but with nothing but Aubri on my mind, I couldn't focus for shit.

"My bad man." I took off the glasses and removed the protective ear gear.

"You can't be fuckin' up and shit." He put down the .45 and we walked out the building and over to my Chrysler. I learned against the driver side door and sighed.

"What's going on man?" Chris questioned.

"Shit if I knew I'd tell you."

He scrunched up his face. "So you mean to tell me you frustrated about nothing."

"If that makes sense."

"Hell nah!" he laughed.

"Aight, since yesterday at school when I left to talk to Bri she been in sad ass mood."

"You talk to her?"

"I tried but she ain't trynna give up no info." I rubbed my soft curls then replace my snapback on my head.

"Ty you gotta give her some space." He stated. "She lost her house and possibly her mother."

"But--."

Chris cut me off. "She prolly ain't use to having to open up to niggas about this kind of stuff."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How you know?"

He chuckled. "I been knowing Bri prolly about as long as you have and I know that Alonzo nigga didn't give a damn about her even when she lost her baby."

"You knew her back then?" I questioned.

"We wasn't close or none like that but we spoke, hell er' nigga in 10th grade tired to holla at Bri but she wasn't having it."

"Where the fuck was I at?" I chuckled.

"Sprung on Chyna." I chuckled.

"Anyways all I'm saying is let her talk on her own and if that don't work make her lil' ass talk." We shared a laugh.

"Aight thanks man." we gave each other a brotherly hug then dapped.

We walked to his car and I jumped in mine. The entire way home I contemplated on what and how I was gonna bring this shit up. I pulled into the drive way and sat there for awhile before getting my stuff and walking through the door.

My nose was instantly met by the something sweet cooking then I heard Aubri softly singing 1+1 by Beyonce and I only know that because she play that song over and over at night.

I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She giggled then swayed back and fourth as she continued to sing.

"You feeling better ma?" I asked spinning her around and then dipping her back.

"I've taught you well Mikey."

I brought her back her up then pecked her forehead.

"Why you avoiding my question?"

She didn't say anything instead she grabbed my hand and lead me over to the couch then sat beside me. We sat in silence for awhile before she turned and sat Indian style on the couch.

"Michael I'm sorry." She cleared her throat.

"No need to be sorry just tell me wassup?"

She laid her head in my lap and I played with her hair as I waited for her to talk.