I fell into you

“Honey I’m home!” A voice yelled sarcastically.  Jeordie knew it was Brian.

The door slammed shut and very soon the footsteps were stomping up the stairs.  Jeordie tried to supress his cries, as he planned to open the cupboard door and apologise to Brian. 

The door opened as the taller boy stormed in and punched the wall.

He yelled in frustration ‘Jeordie! I can’t believe this. Brian your scum, just like everyone says.

That’s what Jeordies dad thinks. And Jeordie. And everyone. There’s no one left for you.”

He took off his shirt and observed his many scars.

“Time for a new one”

He sighed. “It will become a faded line like the others.”

He was about to draw a pocket knife from his jeans, but he herd sniffles coming from his cupboard. 

“Who's there?” he asked puzzled by the situation.

Jeordie wanted to answer but he could not speak.

Brian open the cupboard.

As soon as he lay eyes on the state the small boy was in, he picked him up and cradled him like a child. 

“what’s happened to you ?” Brian whispered

 Jeordie shook his head and buried it into Brians chest.

 Brian held him tighter.

“Jeord? Please tell me? Please?”

Jeordie clenched his eyes tight as he again attempted to speak once more.He mouthed 

“Im  sorry” But it came out as no more than a squeak.

He sniffed.

“I didn’t mean too…I don’t remember…”

“no, Its ok. You don’t have to be sorry for anything.”

Jeordie glanced up at Brian,his left eye bruised and slightly swollen. 

“Lets go get you cleaned up ok? You can stay as long as you need too. "

Jeordie pressed his face into brians chest  and nodded. “thankyou” he said, in a sad innocent tone Brian had neverherd before.  Brian had to Clench his eyes shut to stop himself from tearing up.

He lowered the fragile boy down, and held him steady while he found his balance. 

“the bathroom is the first door on the left, ill get you some clothes.”

Jeordie clenched the bottom of his shirt as he tried to cover himself on his way to the bathroom. 

He entered the cold tiled room and stood infront of the mirror . Staring back at him was a face he didn’t recognise. He frowened and bit his lip. What he saw made him sick. 

His eyes that once sparkled were now dull and dead. Maybe once he was clean, he would feel atleast a little better. 

Brian arrived with some ll\oose jeans, black boxers and a Judas priest T-shirt. 

He placed them on the sink, and turned on the shower.

Jeordie glared at the clothes. 

“thankyou” he mumbled . 

Brian smiled sweetly at him. “its fine jeord”. Brian turned around left the room, he was about to close the door. 

“Brian!” Jeordie screamed with intense panic in his voice. 

“What? Whats wrong?” 

“Please…Don’t leave…I mean…I don’t want to be alone. I cant be alone.” 

He looked at brian pleadingly. 

“Could you please…stay?” he asked, now a little embarrassed.

“uhh..ok. You sure?” 

Jeordie nodded. “but yould you stand outside the door please?” 

“I guess so.” He smiled crookedly before leaing the room. He closed the door half way, and leaned aginst the wall. 

Jeordie removed his shirt slowly, tring to avoid as much pain as possibly. 

Once his shirt was off, he stepped into the shower and caught sight of the multitude of bloody puncture wounds that adorned his back. 

He whimpered as a few tears escaped his eyes. Jeordie eased himself under the warm water, only it felt like fire, burning his wounds. He let out a small squeal. 

“you ok Jeord? “ Brian called.

“the water hurts my sores”  he replied.

“Want me to come and help you?”

Jeordie hesitated. 

“yes.”