Beneath your skin

“Woah.” Jeordie spoke in awe and a mixture of fear

“I want show this amphitheatre just down the road. Its incredibly old. The reason that the town used to be much bigger.”

Jeordie looked around the boarded up town as Brian casually looked straight ahead, hands in his pockets ,looking quite bored.

As they both walked along the broken and littered road Jeordie took in his surroundings 

Which fascinated him but he didn’t want to let his guard down 

There stood rows upon rows of giant three story Victorian houses and dark wooden homes, that screamed old horror film sets .

With once immaculate gardens, expensive garden accessories, and unique gates. 

Now Vines had shot through some of the homes suffocating the buildings foundations. 

Moss grew on broken statues. 

Or weeds grew over broken rubble ,and poked its way through rusty fences and unhinged gates, uplifting the once neat footpath.

Papers covered some buildings.

Decaying wood covered most. 

Jeordie could make out bold words of ‘Murder’, ‘Help’, and plans of abandonment through shop windows.

His eyes wandered on the main shops which were looted, vandalised and littered with broken glass.

“Coming up on the right…-” Brian broke the silence with a poor sophisticated accent

“ -The old Warner Household.” 

They both stopped and observed. 

Probably one of the only houses in a decent live-able condition. 

It had a slightly rusted grey Victorian fence, with a broken uprooted path, that lead to a giant deep brown wooden porch (the same wood on the rest of the house).

A white rocking chair that sat alone on the wide porch, gently rocked as the wind slightly changed. 

The air smelt old, mouldy with a tinge of decay tainted the once clear air.

Right near the old door 

An ancient bell quietly chimed 

Below the bell

A giant brass engraved sign in carved with the name “Warner Manor”.

The houses windows were giant, the curtains looked faded and moth eaten.

“Its beautiful.” 

“Yeah well not in my eyes, lets go.” Brian started to head of again 

Jeordie took one last look and ran after Brian 

They walked normally again for a short distance till they stopped 

Jeordie needn’t had to ask why they had stopped

A giant amphitheatre grabbed his attention 

Old movie posters stuck and peeling on the walls. 

The giant doors blocked by meters of wood. 

The smashed display windows, the glass laid broken and the inside tagged by vandals.

Old decaying wood and weeds littered the front. 

It looked like it hasn’t been renovated since the 1940’s. 

But what caught his attention the most was an old billboard fully equipped with broken or blown light bulbs looked down on the Pair. With three simple yet to Jeordie haunting words displayed boldly on the board.

‘Gone For Good.’

Jeordie gulped and called out for Brian 

He didn’t respond 

Jeordie swung around looking for the tall figure that was just behind him a minute ago. 

“Brian… Brian…BRIAN!” Jeordie and his voice grew anxious at each second 

Jeordie ran down a path near the back calling his friend 

“Brian ….”

Jeordie jumped as giant hands grasped his shoulders he grew stiff and still 

He soon relaxed as he heard Brian's voice .

“You really need to relax, you where so scared, check your pants by the way.” Brian laughed .

“That wasn’t funny.” Jeordie growled 

“It kinda was, come on almost there.” Brian patted his shoulder and walked down the path to a locked basement

Brian didn’t see Jeordie but where he touched was bruised badly and bought memories of his broken household to him .

Jeordie tried to shake it off .

And walked to Brian who already was already coming up from the basement .

He held out his hand to Jeordie who took it and was lead down the stairs .

“Watch the— .”Brian started to warn Jeordie 

But he slipped and lucky was caught by Brian .

---The step.” Brian giggled as he held the surprisingly light bony figure .

“Thanks.” Jeordie blushed 

Jeordie slowly fell out of his grip, turned around and placed his arms around Brian’s neck .

Brian smiled warmly placed his hands on Jeordie’s hips .

There once again they where ….close .

Brian could feel the heat from Jeordie’s cheeks ,

the bruise still was on his mind .

“Jeord …..Please tell me …” Brian lightly creased the other side of his cheek.

“My dad…” Jeordie mumbled looking down .

The light that was on flickered slightly .

Brian started at the innocent boy.

“He abuses ...you..” 

Jeordie’s eyes met his .

The pain was all there, in his giant brown eyes.

Brian pulled Jeordie’s face up to his ,

“I will protect you from now on.” Brian whispered to the boys lips .

Before slowly pressing his lips against Jeordie’s .

This kiss made jeordie forget everything, 

it melted the cold and filled his insides with warmth. 

This made every thing go away…

Brian broke away slowly. 

“Thankyou.” jeordie said as he leaned into brains chest .

“Come on schools almost over.” Brian gestured the ladder to jeordie. 

“I’ll follow if you climb up.” 

Jeordie was half way up when Brian turned off the lights and followed up the ladder.