Chapter Thirty Two - Have I Told You (Part Two)

And the way that you pronounce an "S" is,
like the feeling I have next you is, Beautiful
You are beautiful  ~
Have I told You - Matthew Mole

To say Jace was shocked would be an understatement. His lips were parted and his eyes were wide. 'Ow,' he mumbled. I suddenly felt a jolt of electricity and pulled my hand away. We were standing so close and I was thinking of things I shouldn't. I thought of moving in closer and biting that bottom lip of his when I realized that his own clear silver eyes were looking into my own, and they were dilating. His eyes flicked to lips and back to my own. Was he thinking the same thing as me? Did he want to kiss me as well? I leaned in. Closer... closer...

'Did you two find what you were looking for yet?' We heard the footsteps of Sunglasses Dude coming inside the room and I jumped away. (A.N: I'm laughing so hard right now)

I turned my head away from Jace and looked down. What was I doing? What was he doing? No, most importantly, what was I doing? I silently hit my forehead with my knuckles. Yes, go on and kiss the human boy, you idiot. Might as well go and jump off the cliff behind the hotel.

Ugh! A little more and...

I would have kissed a human boy.

And brought forth destruction of my own little world. Jessie, get your feelings together! Jace and I can not be together. Human and Werewolf, remember? People don't really like hybrid couples, didn't I already see that in Twilight? Besides, I don't even know if hybrid babies can happen...

I snapped back to reality and looked at the savior of the day: The Glorious, Sunglasses Dude.
'Oh wow,' he said as he laid his eyes on me 'That dress really suits you!' he grinned and I felt more confident but a bit shy as well. I gave him a small smile. Jace cleared his throat and I looked at him. 'We want this dress, this shirt and these pants that I'm wearing, please.'

I widened my eyes 'What? Jace, I'm not buying this dress!' I tried to argue but he shushed me!

'No, we are buying this dress and anything you say will not be heard so you might as well save up energy for the repairing of props we have to do back at the hotel,' the way he refused to listen at all was very amusing and with a sudden wave of affection for this boy, I leaned up and kissed him.

On the cheek.

If he was shocked, he hid it well and as I walked past him, smiling, towards the hole in the wall that was the changing room, I heard him mumble to himself: 'Too many surprises today, huh?'

************************************************************

Jace was already outside the room, standing by the cash counter by the time I was changed. I heard him talking to the Sunglasses Dude as I walked towards them, touching the multiple clothes hanging by the racks on the way.

'So are you two dating?' Sunglasses Dude was nosy, but I felt myself blush. Is that how he sees us? I patted my stomach to calm the butterflies everyone speaks of.

'No,' Jace said and I felt a pang in my chest. Well, there go my butterflies.

'Do you have a girlfriend?' What?

There was a slight pause before Jace replied 'No.'

I chose that time to walk out towards them with the dress in my hands, to save Jace from awkward stranger questions. The look of relief on Jace's face as he saw me was enough to turn my fake smile real. He gratefully took the dress from my hands and cautiously put it on the cash counter. Seeing the way his muscles flexed when he did that, I realized that he still didn't have a jacket. Oh darn it...