Chapter Twelve - Try

Where there is desire 
There is gonna be a flame 
Where there is a flame 
Someone’s bound to get burned ~ Try - P!nk 

Sometimes I wonder, why I even try? What's the use in trying to fit in, when one day they'll know. They'll definitely know how different you are. Why bother? But then, humans have always been narrow-minded, not caring about... things. I could go on but like I said, what's the use?

So the first week was over. I'd bought a calender to mark the end of each day to know when we could finally leave. Practices were going good. The kids had warmed up to me. I'd tell them stories about our history. It was a shame how less their parents told them about everything. Most of them weren't strong enough to start the practices I wanted to give them so I was making them mentally fit. I'd give them puzzles and riddles and games like hide and seek. Stuff that made them think and move their limbs. 

I hadn't seen Jace again and I wasn't happy about it, which was stupid. And Noah was avoiding me. Which was also stupid, but helpful.

School was obviously boring. Well, the first week of it was. But that was soon about to change.

Unfortunately, not for the better.

So it was Monday, and I was waiting for Ashley in the school hallway. She had forgotten her lip gloss and had gone back to get it. The rest of the pack were spending the day together as they weren't seeing each other much. And I, of course, had a lollipop in my mouth. 

So I choked on my saliva when I saw him walking towards me. He was looking at a piece of paper in his hand -a schedule and locker combination from what I could make out- and hadn't noticed me yet. And I made sure that he wouldn't notice me. I ran to my first class, in normal speed. 

Which I regretted later as I had to listen to Ashley go on about how impatient and uncaring I was. 

All through the first class, all I could think about was Jace. It was annoying really, the way I'd try to concentrate on the subject and then I'd look at the beautiful silver-painted pen -Grey had given it to me- in my hand and think how it were nothing compared to Jace's eyes and BAM! I'm thinking of him again.

Super annoying.

Which was how I was feeling as Ashley, who was sitting next to me, complained under her breath about me leaving her stranded. And then I realized that I hadn't seen the rest of my pack throughout the week. I mean yeah, sure I seen them but we never chatted like before.

Wow. This place made us apart in a week. And I had more than six months to look forward to. 

It was during third period- maths- when all hell broke loose. In my mind, of course. Because he was there! All I was doing was sitting in my seat by the window. Ashley was, again, sitting next to me and for the first time, I was really annoyed with her babbling and complaining.

And then suddenly he walked in and sat right in front of me. Just like that. No glance at me, or anyone else. Just came in and sat there. I mean, yeah, every student does that but this was Jace I'm talking about. Then I realized that I was probably going crazy if I was thinking Jace could not just come in and sit in front of me.

Ashley nudged me and whispered 'Talk about hot!' which for some reason made me blush and shush her. She looked at me weird and eavesdropped on the other human and werewolf students -my pack had heightened senses, even for werewolves- who were whispering similar sentences. Which made me blush even more.