Chapter 22

It's our fifth day here in Mexico and the boys have decided that we hit the beach since today was their "free day". No concerts, no interviews, no signings, no meet-and-greets. So here we are, soaking in the heat of the sun. 

"Babe," Liam says, making me open my eyes as I lay down tanning myself, "You want to join us for some beach volleyball?" he asks. I nod and he helps me up. 

"What are the teams?" I ask, as we approach the others who were gathered in a circle. 

"Me, Liam, Zayn and Harry will be in one team." Louis replies, "Lexi, Perrie, Eleanor and Niall will be in the other team."

"Losers will buy drinks after the game!" Niall chirps in, smiling widely. 

We all agree and head to either side of the volleyball net that was hung up. I took the center position while Perrie would give the first serve. 

"How good are these boys?" I ask, looking around at my teammates. 

"Louis' the best." Perrie replies, twirling the ball in her hands. 

"But I can handle him." Eleanor says, giving us all a wink. We laugh at her reply, wondering what she was up to. 

Perrie serves the ball and it flies through the other side of the net. Zayn hits it, making it come back to our side of the but Niall was quick enough to hit it back to them, earning us a point because none of the boys had bothered getting it.

-

"It's unfair!" Louis complains, once we were done with the game and their team had lost. "You were distracting me the whole time!" he says to Eleanor. 

El laughs, "You made the teams, honey. And don't blame me for your lack of concentration." she replies, sticking a tongue out at him. El had Louis wrapped around her pinky finger the whole time we were playing, making him too distracted to go after the ball. It was hilarious. 

"So, what drink would you want?" Liam asks me, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

I smile, "I'd like a milkshake, please." I reply, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as he ran with  Zayn towards the closest shop that sold drinks. 

I look around the beach and I see someone who looked a lot like Anthony. He was sitting on the high chairs that lifeguards would sit on. I walk over towards him to make sure that it was really Anthony. As I got closer, he looked down and saw me.

"Lexi!" he shouts, jumping off the chair. 

I smile, "Hi Anthony." I say, as he hugs me. I pull out of the hug immediately, "What are you doing sitting up there?" I ask.

"Well," he sighs. "I volunteered to be a lifeguard." he says proudly. "What about you? What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I'm here with my boyfriend and a few friends of mine." I reply.

"Figures." he mutters. "I should have known better."

"Sorry?" I ask, confused at what he meant.

He smiles, "I just thought you were single and all that. I was planning on asking you out." he replies.

Before I could reply, a voice interrupts, "That's too bad for you mate." I turn around to see Liam standing behind me with our drinks on hand. He gives me mine and I take it from him, smiling. I take a sip of my milkshake and look back at Anthony. 

"This is Liam." I tell him, "Liam, this is Anthony." I introduce the two lads to each other. Liam extends his hand towards Anthony, and he shakes it. 

"Nice to meet you." Liam says, "I'm Lexi's boyfriend." he makes sure to stress out the word "boyfriend" and to put more emphasis on it. Oh Liam.