Chapter 3

"You were serious?” I shriek when I open the door and he steps into my room. Liam had called me an hour ago, asking what I was up to. When I told him that I was staring blankly at my huge, empty sketchpad because I ran out of ideas on what to sketch – he volunteered to come over and help me out. I thought he was joking, but apparently he wasn’t.

“Yup.” He replies popping the p as he lies on my bed. “So, where do you want me to sit?” he asks. Oh, and yes, he wanted me to sketch him. Only a crazy person would volunteer to sit still for hours just to be sketched. Even I couldn’t do such a thing, I’d rather do the sketching than the modeling.

“Well,” I sigh, “You can sit by the window.” I point at the window by my bed. It would be a good spot for him since it would be a nice background for the sketch, because of all the plants outside. He walks over to the window, and opens it, sitting on the wooden window pane. “Are you sure you want to do this?” I ask. He nods, and says yes for the seventh time. “Okay then, make sure not to fall.” I warn him.

I sit on my bed with the sketchpad in hand. I grab my favorite pencil, and start sketching away. I start with his head, trying to sketch his hair first. After that, I move over to sketch his eyes and nose. Then I sketch his lips, which were a bit tricky.

A few hours pass, and I am finally done with the sketching. "There!" I exclaim happily, "All done!" I turn my sketchbook around so that he can see it. "What do you think?" I ask, holding it up to him proudly.

He smiles, and nods his head. "I have to say, sitting still for about two and a half hours was worth it." He winks at me and walks over to the bed. He takes the sketchpad from me, and sits down. "This is so awesome." He finally says, after taking a closer look at the drawing.

"Thanks," I reply, standing up towards my computer, "I just have to mark it off my check list." I open my sticky notes on my Mac and check off 'art project'. I smile, happy that I was finally able to do it. "Thanks for volunteering, Liam." I spin the chair around, facing him.

"No problem. Like I said, it was totally worth it." He replies, smiling. "Can I see your other sketches?" He asks. I nod in reply, and he starts flipping the pages. As he flips each page, his eyes gets even wider and wider and leave his jaw hanging. "These are unbelievable!" He says as he lays on his back on the bed.

I chuckle. "I get that a lot." I smile at him.

My phone starts ringing, and I notice it was lying on the bed, next to Liam. I walk over, and pick it up from the bed. I look at the phone screen, and it reads Richard. I start getting mixed emotions, bad mixed emotions - anger, hatred, pain, irritation, and all those other things you feel when your ex-boyfriend decides to call you. I click decline, and my phone stops ringing.

"Who was that?" Liam asks, looking up at me suspiciously.

I shake my head, "No one." I try to smile. I sit on the bed next to him as he also decides to sit up instead of lying down - feeling all at home.

"Are you okay?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"You know, that line is getting old. You say it way too many times." I tease.

He laughs, "I'm just concerned, that's all."

I smile, "Thanks, but I'm fine. Really."

My phone starts ringing again and I sigh, looking at it placed on my palms. It was the same caller - Richard. I decline it, and look at Liam who raises an eyebrow at me with the ‘you-said-it-was-nothing-but-you-are-obviously-lying’ look on his face.

"So who's he?" He asks, looking at my phone screen and then back at me, "Cause I'm pretty sure he's not just a nobody since you don't answer any of his calls."