Chapter 4

I wake up at about eight in the morning, and hurry to the bathroom to take a shower. I change into ordinary denim shorts and a cute pink top. Once I'm done, I decide on tidying my room because Zayn would come any second. I prepare two sketchpads on the bed along with all the pencils I could find in my room. Which aren't that many, I must add.

A few minutes later, Zayn comes knocking on my door. Dad must have let him in. "Hey." He greets as I open the door, and let him in.

Dad told me before that Zayn's the shy one. Especially to people he doesn't really know. So I'm glad that he's opening up to me, and not acting all shy around me.

"Hi Zayn." I reply, ushering him to sit on the bed. "So, what do you want to draw today?" I ask.

"I was thinking more on still life." He replies, smiling as he sits down on the bed across from me. I nod, and start giving him pointers on drawing.

Thirty minutes pass, and my phone starts ringing. I grab it and aswer, without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" I ask, wondering who it was.

"Hey Lexi. What are you up to?" A familiar voice asks.

"Hey Liam!" I greet, finally realizing who the caller is. "Umm," I sigh, "I'm currently teaching Zayn how to draw." I smile at Zayn, and he looks up from what he was drawing and starts grinning.

"Oh. Zayn's there?" he asks, quite surprised, "I didn't know he had plans on going to your place. It's a Monday, he always stays home."

"I don't always have to tell you where I'm heading to, Liam." Zayn shouts from where he's sitting, apparently he heard what Liam said.

I chuckle, "He's right Liam. You don't have to know everything the boys are up to." Agreeing with Zayn.

"I'm just being the mature gentleman I was raised to be." Liam defends himself.

"Right," I say sarcastically, "And you act like a mature gentleman by covering a girl's face with chocolate ice cream, hitting her head with her own bathroom door, and tickling her to death?" I tease, counting all the things he'd done to me the past days.

"I told you I was sorry. I didn't mean to do any of those," He apologizes, "Although the ice cream thing on your face was intentional. I couldn't help doing it." There was humor in his voice.

I laugh. "So, why did you call?" I ask.

"I was just wondering if you want to go out with me today," he replies, "I mean, not a - you know - not like as a date or something. You - uh, nevermind." He stutters.

"Why do you always stutter?" I laugh, teasing him.

"You make me nervous," He admits, "You bring out the worst in me."

I smile, "Glad I have that effect on you."

He laughs at the other end, "So, how about I take you out for lunch? I remember you saying your class start at two in the afternoon, so if you want to?" He asks, sounding quite nervous.

I'm about to say yes, but then I remember Niall's message to me on Friday night. I sigh, "Niall needs a lunch buddy so I agreed to go with him today."

"Oh." He replies. There was silence at the other end of the line. "Well then, maybe next time." He speaks after a few seconds.

"Okay then," I agree, "Hope to see you soon, real soon."

"Hope so too." Liam replies, then ends the call.

I shove my phone in my pocket, and look up to see Zayn grinning. He keeps looking at me, and it was quite weird. What was going on inside that head of his? "Umm. Zayn?" I ask.