Chapter 17

September 1st
*Zayn's POV*

I stood in my apartment, waiting for Louis to show up. He was driving to NYU so I forced him to give me a ride to.

I walked over to one of the boxes and pulled it open, I put my jacket in and checked my phone. Of course he was fucking late.

Their was a knock on the door and I walked over, pulling it open.

"Finally Louis god dam-" I stopped, Angelica was standing their, a nervous look on her face. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I uh- Hey Zayn..." She bit her lip.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Well you're leaving today right?" She asked.

"You haven't talked to me in months..." I sighed.

"I wanted to say goodbye before you leave, I know I haven't talked to you in a while but... I'm sorry Zayn, I am... I really messed up. I was insane, I stopped tagging. I mean, thats what brought us together." She had tears in her eyes.

"Angelica, what was the point of coming over here?" I tapped my fingers on the door.

*Angelica's POV*

Because I'm sorry and I fucking love you.

Zayn was the first guy who I thought was going to be permanent... It was not over, I knew it wasn't. I got into NYU, but telling him was going clearly not the best option at the moment.

"I just wanted to wish you luck at NYU..." I lied, giving up telling him.

"Thanks then... You uh, should go." I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'll see you again Zayn." I sighed and hugged him, clearly surprising him.

He didn't hug back for a second, but then he wrapped his arms around me, holding me a little tighter then I actually expected.

"Yeah... Goodluck with your art career Angelica..." He didn't let go.

I had told Liam already that I was putting all of that on hold, Liam accepted it.

"Thanks Zayn." I didn't want him to let go, but he eventually did.

"Hey sorry bro, traffi- Oh hello Angelica." Louis voice startled me, I turned to see him walking down the hall toward us.

"Louis... Hi." I mumbled.

"Now what would you be doing here, after the... well, big breakup." He twirled his keys on his finger.

"I-" Zayn cut me off.

"Let's go." He grabbed a large box from behind him. "You have all the others in your car right?" He asked.

"The ones from yesterday? Yeah." Louis nodded. "Anyway, before you rudely stopped Angelica, what were you doing here?" He looked back to me, Zayn cursing under his breath.

"I was just saying bye." I tapped my fingers against my thighs. "Wishing him luck at NYU and everything..."

"You gonna wish me luck?" He had his smug look.

"You're going to be their to?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah why do you care? I just want some luck." His keys were still fucking twirling on his finger.

"Good luck asswipe." I gave a fake grin, I saw a small smile on Zayn's lips as he looked down at his phone.

"Always gotta hit right in the heart Angelica, damn." Louis raised a hand to his chest. "That'll sting all the way to NYU... Ouch."

"Oh I am so sorry." I fake gasped. "Little baby need a band aid?"

"Bitch." Louis shook his head.

"Okay shut up Louis, Angelica just go." Zayn looked up from his phone.

"But-"

"Go for God's sake, you didn't even need to come in the first place." He snapped.

*Zayn's POV*

I wasn't anywhere near moving on, but seeing her brought me right back to that feeling of hurt and loss... The same feeling I had the night she left.

I couldn't take seeing her, I couldn't take letting go of that hug and I couldn't fucking take going to school without her.

She stood their for a minute, as if thinking of what to say... But then, she just left... Walked right past us and disappeared around a corner.

Honestly I wanted to throw the box I was holding down and go after her, but I didn't... Why would I waste my time.

"Alright let's go, get that Bitch off your mind and all those hot NYU babe's on it." Louis threw his keys up in the air and caught them.

"Would you stop calling her a Bitch!" " I hissed.

"Damn sorry..." Louis mumbled.

It hit me hard out of no where as we started walking down to the car. I has just lost Angelica... Forever, this was the end, whether I wanted to admit it or not... I had lost the best thing in my life... All because of NYU.

*Angelica's POV*

I walked down the sidewalks, hands in my pockets.

Zayn was by far the best thing in my life, I knew I had fucked up but this was not over. This was only the beginning of our story, their was so much more to be added... Zayn and I were nowhere near finished... It was simply...

Just the beginning.

---------------------------------------------------------

Art (1D/Z.M Fanfiction)

By: Emily Middleditch & Mitchel Logans

Thank you to mitamtrash & Bris49 for being such loyal readers ♡

Book 1 in a 3 part series

The end... Of the beginning.