Chapter 8

Vanessa POV

I woke up with puffy eyes after crying myself to sleep last night.
I have to learn to stop wasting my tears on him.

I woke up a little earlier today so I could take a shower and curl my hair before school. Once I hoped out of the shower I quickly dried off and threw my rob on. Then I started blow drying my hair. Once I finished drying my hair I curled my hair into big loose curls which didn't take long.

Then I put my normal amount of makeup on which consists of a Champagne eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and a little foundation.

I'm not like all of the cheerleaders at school you pile on the makeup and look like babies. I go for more of a natural makeup look.

I picked out a black flowy dress with a sparkly necklace. And added pink sandles because I couldn't handle wearing heels today.

Last night I was planning on wearing a Rangers jacket and yoga pants. Because of the mood I was in. But I decided screw it. I'm not going to ruin my day because of him.

The way that he acted made me realize that we would never be good together anyway so that's what I had to think about.

My mom is currently away on a business trip. Most teens would take the opportunity to throw a party but I don't have those intentions. I'm good with just staying in my warm bed watching Netflix because that app has officially taken over my life. But it's a good distraction.

Last night my phone was blowing up with messages and calls from Tyler. But I didn't care to pick up. But I did read most of the messages. Most read I'm sorry please forgive me. But one caught my eye saying sorry Vanessa I'll leave you alone now because I know that's what you want, just forgive me and I won't talk to you again.

That last message I kinda can't get out of my head.

After getting knocked out of my thinking from Jake yelling from downstairs.

"Come on Vanessa were going to be late and I can't I have to meet Tyler before homeroom." He yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming hold your horses." I relied while laughing at how eager he was to get to school which is definitely a first.

I ran down the stairs grabbing my bag and a apple on the way passing Jake and walking towards the door.

"God Vanessa you seriously need to stop taking for ever in the morning so we're actually on time for school." He said with a straight face.

"Shut up." I said while hopping in my car.

He laughed while getting in too.

The drive was pretty quiet since it was a short 5 minute drive to school.

"Bye Jake." I said as he started walking towards school.
"Bye sis." He replied.

As I grabbed my bag from my car I heard a motorcycle pull up, in a couple parking spots away from me.

I instantly knew who it was without looking, Tyler.

He hoped off his bike and started walking toward me.

I mind was telling me to quickly walk away. But I couldn't I just stood there probably looking like an idiot.

"Hey Vanessa." He smiled acting like nothing really happened.
"Um hey." I said awkwardly back.

"Look Vanessa I'm sorry, friends." He offered his hand.

"I guess." I shook his hand after heisting.

"I should get going, um bye." I said awkwardly again.

" bye oh and Vanessa, you look pretty today. He said.

I just looked at him with shock and confusion.

"Just being friendly." He smirked while saying and he walked away leaving me breathless. Damn me.

After that I quickly walked into school and to my locker with that there was a surprise there. Jack.

"Hey Vanessa, you look stunning like always." He smiled.

He's gotten more comfortable around me since we're become friends the three of us me, Claire, and him.

"Thank u my dear." I smiled back.

"So Vanessa I know this might be unexpected but I like you, and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow night, it's okay if you don't feel that way about me." He smiled while saying.

"I would love it go on a date with you." I smiled seeing how his eyes lit up.

I was overall happy because he could help me get over Tyler and I might fall for Jack instead.

"Good I'll pick you up at 8:00." He said before kissing my check and walking away.

I started walking to first period when I saw Claire and I ran up to her.

"Claire Jack just asked me on a date tomorrow night." I said while smiling.

"Really aww I'm so happy my two Bestfriends going on a date maybe you'll start dating, you guys would be really cute together." She smirked.

"Yeah maybe." I replied.
***********************************

Most of the day flew by rather quickly and then it was the last period of the day.

As I was walking to my final class my brother and his sidekick(Tyler) came up to me.

"So it's looks like Jacks got a crush on you, did u say yes." Jake asked with a smirk.

I quickly looked at Tyler before relying and he looked pissed but was pretty good at hiding it.

"Yes I did yes it there a problem." I chucked.

"Nope." He smirked while looking at Tyler.

All I thought was that, that was weird but whatever the days almost over so yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler's POV

Ugh well I officially hate this Jack kid. Who does he think he is trying to take my girl.

What was I saying my girl. I don't own her, she isn't mine, but I would love her to be.

She's already changing me and were not even together.

I don't feel the need to be with so many girls anymore because there is only one girl that I want and it is her.

But I have to remember that I'm not boyfriend material, I would just hurt her somehow even when I don't mean it.

And it hurts my heart to see her hurt and upset.

"Look Tyler its going to be okay I know that your who my sisters truly wants, you just have to give her time, I can tell that she likes you." He looked at me while saying.

"I know it's just that I don't want to hurt her, I care so much about her and I can't stand to see her with any other guy other than me."  I replied.

"When you better not hurt her again or we're really going to have a problem." Jake said without a smirk and I straight face.

"I know." Was all I could say.

I have to stop thinking about her and just let her do her own thing and worry about which cheerleader I'm going to take to homecoming well because my princess is already taken, but her prince will still me waiting.