Chapter 13

Wooooah, I said Woooooah... (: don't worry/ask. This is a wwee bit of a sniffly chapter for me at least!! xx

~

  I waited a day before I saw Landon again. I had missed him, even if only 24 hours had passed. “So your mom didn’t actually eat you? You aren’t dead or even worse, grounded?” He asked quickly and grabbed my shoulders lightly before giving me a light shake as a joke.

  I smiled to one side, “Nope. I’m here, I didn’t get grounded or even screamed at… I’m a little surprised.” I shrugged and Landon smiled.

   “Me too.” Landon hugged me and I hugged him back.

Today’s adventure had been decided by me, it involved hobbit/faerie hunting in the local park’s storm drains. I was wearing my green sweater with some denim short-shorts and combat boots that were a size too big, Landon was wearing some black skinnies and a purple shirt and when I’d seen his shirt I threatened to steal it.

    “I thought Hobbits lived in green places… And faeries lived in flowers?” Landon asked as we made our way through a graffiti covered storm drain, bent over.

     “Apparently. But if we don’t find any hobbits or faeries we are sure to find a pac-man or Mario at least.” I shrugged and Landon laughed, his laugh echoed through the drain and faded.

We had spent an hour or so bent over and it was starting to kill our backs, we started to exit one of the drains when Landon pointed to the drain and smiled. “You were right!” He pointed to a pac-man sticked and I grinned.

    “Told you.” I shrugged with a proud smile before we got out at the opposite end of the park to what we’d come in. It was the ‘wild side’ where there weren’t really any paths, just awesome, bog trees and kids on bikes. (Did I mention that these trees enjoyed attacking first time bike riders?)

We got yelled at to move out of the way a few times by kids on their bikes and we decided to keep to the trees. “Ever thought about running away?” Landon asked casually and I looked at him through the corner of my eye, he was watching the trees.

    “Of course… But most kids have…” I shrugged and Landon narrowed his eyes a little.

    “True…” He stopped at under a large tree with a fat trunk and I leant against it, after checking for bubblegum- a current habit.

     “Why?” I wondered and Landon shrugged before kissing my lips.

And no this was not a ‘near-sex’ experience or anything relatively like it, merely a kiss against a tree. “I keep thinking about it… My parents, I don’t think, would mind… They’d probably actually encourage me to go live in a nudist colony.” He laughed.

     “My mom would kill me… She’s the reason I’ve thought about running away though,” I shrugged and Landon pursed his lips with thought before kissing my lips for a second, he let our lips linger and I knew he was thinking.

      “What if… We ran away?” Landon asked after a moment and I watched his face to see if he was just being silly, he wasn’t though.

      “Us run away?” I repeated and thought it over, I had no reason not to. It would have to be better than living with a mom who hardly cared or talked to you. “I would like that…” I mumbled.

   Landon smiled, “Why don’t we then? We could…” He said quickly and I laughed before nodding and kissing him. Running away with Landon… Thinking about just us and not having to worry about anything, it sounded like heaven, it sounded so perfect.