Chapter 2

Thankyou to anyone who is still reading after the first chapter <3 I hope you all like this new chapter and I hope it isn't too boring, please comment and tell me what you think! xx

~

~

I had spent the whole 70 minute session of my favourite class in the girls bathroom- the filthy, graffiti covered and fowl smelling girls bathroom- crying and trying my best to get the pink coloured gum out of my blonde hair.

I looked at my pitiful self in the cracked mirror and sucked breath in, after wetting my hair so much in an effort to get the gum out and crying, my eyeliner and mascara had smudged and given me racoon eyes, my usual bright grey-blue eyes looked disturbed and barmy.

My usually tamed and straight hair looked worse than a dead rat and I sighed at myself before using the too-long sleeve of my green sweater to rub at the mess under my eyes.

 It had to be at least ten minutes after the end bell had rang and I headed toward the exit of the girls bathroom, at least I wouldn’t have to worry about being taunted… And no matter how strong and bright I knew I was, no matter how un-stereotypical and ignorant I was toward the rest of the world… I couldn’t say this didn’t matter, this did matter and I did care. I new also that I would never live this down.

  I got to the door of the girls bathroom before someone else walked in and I stopped in my tracks. Landon. Landon strolled right past me, into the girls bathroom and placed my bag along with his on the basin before pulling out a pair of scissors.

    “I figured you might need these.” He said with a straight face and didn’t seem to care that I looked like a homeless bum who had been living in a dumpster.

     “Why are you in the girls toilets?!” I questioned, my voice raising multiple pitches and my eyes were slightly widened.

      “Relax Alis, it’s after school and Miss MacDowell was worried about you for the most of the lesson so I figured I’d find you.” He shrugged and waved the scissors at me.

I sighed and walked over to him and gave a tiny smile in thanks before turning back to the mirror, “How’d you now I hadn’t skipped the rest of the session?”

     “You left your bag for one and you’re too smart to skip any session.” He shrugged and watched as I bit my lip and held the scissors at different angled by my head.

My straight blonde hair… It was something I loved and I hadn’t had a fringe since I was six, but it seemed I needed to give myself one- the gum had stuck to the hair in the front and I had only helped it to get even more squished in.

     “Here,” Landon took the scissors from me and I sucked in a deep breath as he patted down my rats nest before he pulled some down in front of my face- snip.

Pieces of tangled hair fell to the floor and I saw myself in the mirror, a window for my racoon eyes.

   I swallowed and blinked twice before letting out a deep breath, it didn’t look bad, it actually suited me quite a bit- I ruffled my fringe a bit as my breathing went back to normal and then I turned to Landon with a little smile.

     “Thanks…” I mumbled and he smiled before stuffing the scissors back in his bag. I noticed that his black hair was dry now and her messed it slightly before putting his backpack over his shoulder and shoving his hands in his pockets.

     “Do you get picked up?” He asked and I picked up my bag before shaking my head.

     “No, my house is only a short walk and my parents work.” I mumbled and we both left the girls bathroom behind and trekked through the empty school grounds.