Chapter 6

Hi! Are people still reaing my story? I hope so 'cuz I am totally in love with my characters now! Please give feedback! AND if you are an MCR fan (you'll know what it is if your a fan) please check out a story called 'Dwelling On Cemetary Drive' by a cool writer who has included me into her story <3

xx

~

~

The afternoon sun hit the fresh red walls of Landon’s empty bedroom, lighting up the whole room and casting our shadows against the wall as we leant on it.

I couldn’t keep the smile that played on my lips away, it was almost like one of those perfect days, the sort you always wanted but never seemed to get… But I had one, it was now and I loved it.

Landon’s hand sought out mine and we let our fingers entwine, we were silent as we took in the room that looked new. After another moment more Landon smiled sweetly before pulling me lightly toward one of the boxes in the hallway outside of his bedroom, it took him only a second to pull out a pocket knife before he was pulling me back into his bedroom and kneeling by his window sill.

I did the same and pursed my lips, “What are you doing?” I asked and Landon held up his hand before he began scratching into the window sill. At first I bit my lip, I never liked destroying thing unless it was a poster of Hollywood’s latest teen sensation, but other than that I liked to keep things in tact.

  After a minute I noticed that it was a heart that Landon was carving carefully, after a few minutes he had carved the perfect heart and was carving his name into it. His lips were pressed tightly together with his concentration as he printed his name in his usual, tidy writing.

    “Now it’s your turn.” He passed me the pocket knife and I smiled slightly before starting on my name, I eventually managed to carve my name in my cursive and twisted writing. Then there it was, our names together forever- or at least until someone decided to paint over it.

  I smiled at Landon and handed him back his pocket knife which he shut before I put my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, I rested my face against his warm neck and kissed it once before just staying silent in the embrace, it was something I wanted to last.

   “Are you two coming down for dinner?” Called Hally and I opened my eyes; Landon and I had been laying on his floor and I had to have fallen asleep!

   I looked up and my gaze met with Landon’s amused eyes, “Evening sleeping beauty,” he greeted and I poked out my tongue in a playful way.

   “How long have we been here?” I asked and rubbed my eyes before sitting up, I could only hope Landon could still feel his lower body after having it immobile for what I was sure was quite a while.

   “Uh, about six o’clock.” He shrugged and stretched a little before getting up and putting out his hand, I took it as he helped me up. We stepped over our painted raincoats before heading downstairs where Landon’s mom and dad sat at their oak dining table.

   “We thought you might have moved out.” Landon’s dad smiled and Landon pulled a face.

   “Don’t get too excited, I’m not moving out anytime soon, there’s food and a TV here.” Landon mocked his dad before taking a seat and I sat in the one next to him.

I had skipped breakfast, I had skipped lunch too and in front of us was a large bowl of pasta and in a bowl next to it was delicious looking bolognaise sauce. I was starving but I didn’t let it show.

    “Did you finish painting?” Hally asked and took our plates one at a time before serving the long pasta which had steam still coming from it.

    “Yes, we also finished painting each other.” Landon pointed to his speckled hair and I pointed to my nose, “I think we did a pretty brilliant job.”

   Landon’s parents both laughed and Hally put a ladle full of bolognaise sauce on each of our plates, “That’s good… So Alis, where are your parents? Landon mentioned something about them not being at home right now.”

   “My mom and dad are both in Jersey right now, it’s for work.” I mumbled, I couldn’t help but think about how different Landon’s parents could seem at different times; the first time I met them I could have sworn they were ex-hippies but now they seemed like totally average parents.

    “That’s pretty cool, where do they work?” Christoph asked as he picked up his fork and began twisting pasta onto it. I tried not to drool.

    “They work for a car company and the boss who lives in Germany… I think, is visiting New York so they are going to get some business things done.” I shrugged, I knew it was a totally vague explanation, but I had never paid much attention to my parents’ work.

 Both Hally and Christoph nodded and began eating, I almost put my face in my spaghetti but I ate in a civilised manor before trying to start some casual conversation. “How about you, where do the two of you work?” I wondered and put a mouthful of spaghetti in my mouth.

    “I’m a casual artist and Hally writes stories and articles about interior decorating and furnishings for magazines and websites.” Christoph said and I smiled, it would have to be pretty interesting to have two artistic parents.

I spared a look for Landon who winked at me and I took that as a sign that I was doing alright, I smile slightly to myself before going back to eating.

Landon’s parents had insisted on driving me home because it had gotten quite dark, I had accepted their offer, I was still pretty freaked out about walking around alone since Friday night and I was pretty sure I had good reason to.

  Landon pecked my lips at my front door, “If your parents say anything about mattress surfing… Say it was fun.” I mumbled and he looked over my face with a slight smile.

   “Until you fell off of course,” he laughed softly and looked back at his parents in their miniature looking four wheel drive. He hugged me close for a moment before we both took a step back and he and I sighed, “Night.”

My parents were back the next morning, both fussing over my battered-up state, I had to stick to the same story and told them I had been mattress surfing and they both gave me an all-round lecture. I didn't bother telling them that I had had a boy over nearly every day that they'd been gone.