Chapter 10

When Landon’s parents were going to sleep they turned most of the lights off and I laid on their sofa with a blanket over my legs, Landon sat by me.

    “Do you have enough pillows and blankets?” He asked and I nodded before smiling slightly.

    “Yeah… Thanks for asking if I could stay,” I mumbled.

   Landon smiled sweetly, “It was my pleasure… But you never told me what your fight was about Alis,” he watched me and I sighed.

    “As you can see… I dyed my hair and mom got touchy about that, then she started on me getting a haircut without her permission and then… She said it was because of you that I was changing. I lost it then.” I shrugged and fiddled with the brown blanket.

    “… Did you tell her why you got the haircut?” He asked and I nodded.

   “Yep, she called me a liar after I said she wasn’t there for me… Then I showed her my bruises… Just to show her how abandoned I really am.” I muttered.

   Landon swallowed but gave me a little smile, “I’m sorry your mom doesn’t understand you…” He mumbled and I shrugged, Landon smiled and kissed me lightly. “Well goodnight my coloured princess.” He laughed and I smiled before kissing him back.

    “Goodnight my knight in shining armour.”

I woke up and stretched before looking around, I hadn’t slept over anywhere but my grandma’s down in California for years and it was weird waking up somewhere other than my place.

I could hear some light noise coming from the kitchen so I knew someone was awake and I stretched my legs out, “Good morning Alis.” Hally said and poked her head into the living room.

   I smiled sleepily, “Morning Hally…” I yawned, Hally smiled, she looked so beautiful and I couldn’t help but think about how lucky Landon was to have such a gorgeous mom who smiled more than she did frown.

    “I hope you slept well… Christoph and I are leaving in twenty minutes so you’ll hear us doing some stuff around the place.” Hally mumbled.

    “Thanks… Mind me asking where you are going?” I wondered and Hally shrugged.

   “We need to go down to Nevada for Christoph to give a custom art piece to a buyer and we’ll be gone until tomorrow night.” Hally explained and I nodded.

    “That’s awesome,” I pressed my lips together.

Almost half an hour later Hally was at the front door with Christoph, “Alis, just wake up Landon when you want… I left the recipe for pancakes out seem as how it’s the weekend and… Well, feel free to stay another night, just tell your parents where you are please. Bye,” she and Christoph smiled before shutting the front door and I stood here for a few seconds.

It was ten minutes on my own in their living room, I folded the blanket I had used last night and looked out the window at the bright sky. Finally, I decided Landon should bloody well wake up.

  I got up their staircase and headed toward Landon’s, I opened the door silently and was surprised at how much it had changed since we’d painted it. The walls were covered in posters for bands and movie posters and the only gaps were the window and a tiny area where we’d carved our names.

  Landon laid on his belly with his face in his pillow and the blankets pulled up to the back of his head, I smiled, he looked so cute when he was asleep.

I thought over different ways to wake him up and wished I had my Polaroid camera to take a picture, I bit my lips before smiling and getting onto my knees. I crawled over to the side of his bed, I could see his stubble and it was darker than yesterday. I tried not to laughed at myself before I kissed the side of his face quickly before flattening onto my belly next to his bed, I heard him grumble something and go silent again.