Chapter 2 : In Trouble

Teresa's POV:

I switched off the TV. I was so scared. WICKED is adding KIDS into the trials! HOW CRUEL OF
THEM!

What made things worse for me was that Isabella was a kid aged 9 and most of the times she

gets high scores for an exam.

I looked at Thomas with a worried look. He hugged me and said"Don't worry, I think many other kids get high scores for their exams too..."I nodded my head and put it on his shoulder, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

The door opened."Hi mommy!"Isabelle yelled, waking me up. "Hey sweetie!How was your day?"I asked. "It was bad.School was like...so boring. Hey mommy is it okay if daddy told me just a little bit about The Flare in the car just now?And also...about the WICKED trials starting again thing..."she trailed off.

I said"I know. Well, now that the trials are starting again, you need to know all about it, not just a little bit. I'll tell you okay?"

"Actually...dad did not tell me anything.I went to the school library just now to get more information so yeah...I know all about it now...sorry..."she said softly.

I didn't get angry because she does what I tell her not to do most of the times."Never mind,"I reply.

Upon hearing that, she smiled and ran upstairs.

I sighed and sat back down on the couch. I started to think about the maze, how the griever attacked the glade and killed people. In the middle of thinking about it, I broke down.

"What's wrong mommy?"I looked up and saw Isabella hugging me.

I kissed her on the forehead and said"Nothing...I'm fine".

"Mommy you're lying!I KNOW IT!"she yelled.

"Izzy you don't need to know ok?"

She nodded her head and started to walk away, but i stopped her and asked her"Hey how high is your-" she stopped me before I could finish my sentence.

"IQ?"She finished my sentence."Oh!I know what's wrong!You're worried I'm going to the trials!"

"Yeah..."I said.

"I don't know my IQ. Mommy don't worry about me!There might be smarter kids in school than me!"she said.

She said "might" but I didn't want her to worry about me so I wiped away my tears and let her sit on my lap.

After a while, we both fell asleep.

"Hey sleepyheads!Get up!"a voice said. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I checked my watch, it was6pm.

I looked up and saw Thomas, Minho, Brenda and Newt looking at me.

I shook Isabella lightly and she immediately got up. "Oh hi people,"she said groggily.

Newt walked towards her and asked her"you know about the trials thing right?" Isabella nodded her head.

"Well, I honestly think Thomas,Teresa and Izz over here are in danger..."Brenda said quietly, but we could all hear it.

THANK YOU FOR READING!HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!😉