Chapter 1 : First day of school

Teresa's POV:

"Isabella! Get up now!"I yelled, shaking Isabella vigorously. "5 more minutes!"she replied. "You've been saying that for the past 30 minutes!Hurry up!You're going to be late for school!"I said. "Fine!" she replied, and stormed to the toilet to bathe and get ready. I was not surprised at her reaction. She had been sleeping till 12pm during the school holidays so getting up at 6am is most likely a problem for her.

After making sure she was not going to come out of the toilet and fall back asleep, I went downstairs to prepare her breakfast.

"Aw man!I'm gonna miss waking up late now that school's starting again!"Isabella complained while eating the her breakfast. "Don't you wanna make more friends?" I asked her, trying to excite her. "I already have friends!"she answered. I simply shook my head. Just then, Thomas came down and sat on a chair. "Excited for your first day of school?"he asked Isabella. Isabella shook her head and frowned.

Isabella's POV:

I was in the car and on my way to school. While looking around in the car, I spotted a history book. I hated history, but i was so bored, I opened the book and started reading it.

Chapter 1: The Flare

The flare is a virus that attacks the brain which causes the person to go crazy. When the person goes crazy, he or she is called a crank.

There are people who are immune to this virus, but very few.

The World In Catastrophe Killzone Experiment Department (WICKED) used the immunes to find a cure but in the end, failed to do so.

The immunes had to go through many trials so their brain patterns can be studied, so a blueprint of an immune's brain could be made and that would be the cure for the flare.

When WICKED realised finding the cure was impossible, they sent all the immunes to a safe place called "Paradise", where they could repopulate the human race, while the rest of the humans on earth are driven to extinction.

When i finished reading it, I surprisingly had lots of interest in that topic. So...the place I'm living in right now is called "Paradise"... And the number of people used to be MUCH bigger than the number of people now...

"Mommy, can you tell me about WICKED and The Flare?Its so interesting!"I said to my mother, breaking the silence. "WHAT?!I'll tell you when you're older, okay?You're too young!"she replied. "But I just read about it!" I said. "Hey! You're too young to know about this!Put that book away!"she said strictly. I sighed. "Fine..."I replied.

"Okay Izzy we're here!"my mother said. "Okay bye!"I replied, getting out of the car. I was 9 years old this year so I was going to start a new subject which is Science. Which meant that there was going to be more homework. I sigh.

"Hey Izzy! How was your holiday?"my best friend Breanna asked me. "It was great!"I replied. "Okay students! Ready to start studying again?"my teacher asked the students in my class. Everyone groaned. The teacher rolled her eyes and said"Okay...I'm going to brief you on this year's topics and subjects."This is gonna be a looooooong day...

It was lunch time. I went to the dining area, bought my food, and sat down with my friends. We were in the middle of talking about the new subject which was Science when the TV which hung on the wall switched on

"Attention everyone!Everyone in Paradise must watch this... WICKED has important news! If you have learnt history, you would know about The Flare and WICKED's attempt to find a cure for it, and you would know that in the end, WICKED gave up. Anyway, yesterday, WICKED declared that they are not giving up, so the trials will be carried out again. This time, kids aged 8-12 will also be added to the trials, along with their parents. Plus, we will explain to the kids if they didn't learn history yet about what is going on. Remember that this is for the good of the world. There are still more than a billion people that are not immune out there, not everyone is gone, and we can't let them suffer. Don't worry, you all might have a chance of not getting in. The smart immunes will get in. We will go to every house and scan your brains to find out how intelligent you are. And all schools will tell us who are the smartest kids, so those kids will be added to the trials. Thank you and have a good day."Then the TV switched off.

THANKS FOR READING!HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!:)😉