The Fence (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

I'm feeling really depressed

Sorry guys

Zoey's POV

BLACK

BLACK

BLACK

BLOOD

SOMEONE WAS GOING TO PAY WITH THEIR LIFE FOR THIS AGONY!!!!!!!!!

3rd POV

Everything was black. Her dress, the flowers, the coffin, the seats were all black. But most of all, her heart was black. Black had to be the most depressing colour ever.

If Zoey had the choice she would have preferred to be stabbed over and over and over again and then left to die slowly. She would have preferred that to losing Will. She didn't understand the thoughts going through her mind. She wanted to see blood spilt. See it cascade out of their chest. She craved to kill. She was going to kill....AS SOON AS HER PARENTS LET HER OUT OF THIS DEPRESSING ROOM OF BLACK!!!!!!!!

Zoey stepped lightly up onto the stage. She looked back down at her parents in the front row. She unfolded her piece of paper. The pre-written speech. Then she folded it closed again and started talking from her heart. Though she was just trying to say sweet stuff, the more she said, the more she realised how true it all was.

Will had been like a shelter to her. Every time something tried to knock her over, Will had taken the blow for her. But when Will fell, all those blows he had been keeping away from her started to fall on top of her and the rubble that was the remains of him fell with it.

Her life had taken a turn for the worst. She felt like she was on her own now. Like everyone had abandoned her.

Suddenly the realisation hit her. She would never see him smile again, or laugh at her jokes. She would spend stormy nights alone, curled up under her sheets, crying for a boy who wouldn't come and comfort her. Because that boy had left her, alone and helpless, to fight the world on her own.

In some ways, Will had died to keep her safe. That was the only reason Zoey continued to push on. In any other circumstance she wouldn't have tried to fight. She would have let herself drown. Drown in her own blood.

When she returned home she covered up all the pictures of him. She couldn't look into his smiling eyes without thinking about the fact that he was gone. And this time he wouldn't come back for Christmas.

Zoey didn't care what happened now. Her world was shattered and Will was dead.