The Fence (Chapter 2)

Sorry it took so long,

The next one will be up quicker,

and this one is a bit short,

Soz

Remember to read the story carefully..

coz everything going to come back to haunt you....gehehe

Chapter 2

The next day Zoey found her ball on the front step of their house on her way to school. It had a bow stuck on top of it to make it look like a present. Zoey laughed while Will just glared a hole into the air. Zoey could see his mind turning and doubted he was thinking anything positive. She didn't laugh after that.

The school that Zoey and Will went to was very far away. Even though there was a school past Luke's house, down the road. When Zoey had asked why they didn't go to that school Will had simply said they were not allowed to. Zoey never bothered to wonder why. In fact Zoey wasn't allowed to go to any of the places that were the other side of Luke's house. The shops, the school, the park, they were all out of bounds for Zoey.

Zoey's school day was full of fun activities. The girls were separated from the boys and the boys were never allowed to tell them what they had done during the day. Zoey never questioned this. To her, this was the normal standards.

Zoey's school days, which were full of arts and crafts, pretty dresses and polite manners, were suddenly really boring. She only had one thing on her mind. She wanted to see Luke. Slowly the days trickled by

2 years later.....

It was almost too easy for Luke to climb up the trellis and slip the note into Zoey's open window. Then he had to make a mad rush through the fence when he heard a car coming. He hadn't been able to resist. He wanted to see what had become of the clueless girl he had met two years before.

Later....

The note had clearly said, to Zoey's understanding to meet Luke at the hole in the fence at midnight. Zoey's imagination was doing somersaults. Wasn't midnight just the most romantic time of the day? She quietly slipped out one of the back doors and there in the shadows was the figure that she had been day dreaming about for two years. When he turned around, Zoey could only gasp.

"Hello little Zoey," was all he said.

But that was all it took for Zoey to know that this was going to go passed the normal mark of friendship.