psychological theories about love attraction

Saturday, 10:38 am

Dear diary,

On a page on tumblr entitled ''psychological theories about love attraction'', I read the following:

Staring into a lover’s eyes can be a great way to strengthen bonds. In an experiment, complete strangers of the opposite sex were put in a room together for 60 minutes. They were asked to chat for 30 minutes, then only stare into each other’s eyes for the remainder of the time. Many felt a deep attraction for one another, & two pairs married each other six months later.

So I decided to try it. Dont ask me why. You, yes, you stop look at me with those judging eyes. A desperate girl in love with her friend is forced to take desperate measures. So on Friday I tried this at lunch with Michael. Only, I decided I would do both simultaneously that is stare into his eyes and chat for 30 minutes. Because had I chatted and then stared into his eyes for half an hour, he would have guessed that something was up.  

At lunch, I decided to eat little so that I could completely focus on Michael. I sat there with a mini salad infront of me and I was completely prepared to block the rest of the world but Michael. I had warned my best friends about this plan and they were more than willing to help. They seated themselves in a corner of the cafetaria, far away to not be seen but close enough to hear. Whenever they saw a close friend approach the table where Michael and I were sitting they discreetly pulled them aside and invited them to sit at their table. They told the friend that Michael and I were discussing something in private. It was a perfect plan, really it was.

At first, Michael was really surprised that we were eating alone today. He was all, ''What happened? Did you get in a fight with lia and Sarah? Did they steal all your friends from you and leave you all alone?'' he joked. I rolled my eyes. That right there meant 5 seconds of staring straight into his eyes were gone and I only had half an hour seeing as how lunch break started at 10 and ended promptly at 1030. I told myself it was ok and I tried to focus.

It wasnt hard to focus seeing as how Michael has beautiful, gorgeous green eyes. His eyes have this shade of emerald green.  I once attempted to write a song about them but failed miserably and ended up copying bits and pieces of coldplay's song ''green eyes''.

Anyways, so we were talking about the upcoming finals. Michael was a senior and I was a junior at Grace High. We had been doing this for five minutes and I was really happy with our progress since I was paying full attention to his eyes so much so at times that I missed out on what it was he was saying.

I must confess about 15 minutes had passed and I had started paying more attention to his lips than to his eyes. And thats when he said, ''What wrong? Is there something on my face''. I stepped out of my reverie and said, ''No!''. ''Then why do you keep staring at different parts of it?'' Michael inquired. ''I uh I uhm I, I have to go to the bathroom, be right back'', I said.

I ran away. Needless to say, I was mortified.

I texted Lia and Sarah, told them what had happened and asked them to go and give Michael company while I tried to make sense of how I was going to explain all this to Michael.

Maybe I could rub something on his face and then be like it was there throughout the day on your face only I didnt get a chance to rub it off since I had to rush to the bathroom because it was an emergency. No, I could never do that to Michael. He would feel embarassed about it. Plus, rubbing my hand ON HIS FACE!?!?I was pretty sure that dream wasnt going to come true any soon.

I could tell him the truth about the tumblr. God, what would he think of me then? crazy stalker?

Or I could act as if nothing had happened.

I knew I was going to do the last thing on this list because thats who I was.