Chapter 27 : Sleepovers

I was listening to Justin Bieber's song Love Yourself while writing this for some reason. Listen to it and go check out the rest of his album 'Purpose' also. It's really damn good.

Chapter 27 : Sleepovers

"So...what made you do it?" Alex asked as we drove down the streets towards my house.

I sat comfortably in his car messing with the radio until his question put my movements to a halt.

I recalled how the beautiful woman appeared in front of me out of nowhere. She glowed so bright anyone would've thought she was an angel. "I saw her." I whispered.

He looked over at me in confusion. "Who?"

"My mom. I saw her. I don't know how but I swear I did. She was there smiling at me, motivating me to sing. She said she believed in me and I guess that's why I believed in me too," I glanced over at him. "Sounds crazy I know."

"No, no, no! It doesn't. I'm just trying to soak this all in, even your performance has still got my mind in awe. Who knew you could sing like that."

"She did," I whispered but he obviously heard when he placed his hand over mine comfortingly.

"I'm glad that she was there for you, it seems as if I'm always one step behind when it comes to defending you and for that I'm sorry." He said looking away almost...ashamed.

I gave his hand a squeeze and he looked back over to me. "You've helped me a lot Alex, don't beat yourself up."

He nodded focusing back onto the road but never removed his hands that brought me tingles as they gripped mine.

I closed my eyes suddenly feeling exhausted and before I knew it I was slipping out of consciousness.

I still hadn't sorted out my feelings for this boy and my heart squeezed as I asked myself a terrifying question.

Why do they feel as if they're just beginning to grow?

--------------

I rubbed my eyes as the crash of an object has me shooting up out of my sleep.

I looked around and noted that I was in my bedroom. The place was dark and I had to turn on the night light to see where I was going after I hopped out of bed.

"Where is she now?" I heard a voice asked as I made my way down the stairs.

"Asleep." A familiar voice snapped.

"I feel like shit."

"You should. I specifically told you to keep an eye on her if she was going to that stupid fucking bonfire because I had some business to take care of but no. You let her go on her own."

"She wasn't alone though!"

"Don't try and justify yourself because I want to beat the living shit out of you right now." A voice I realized belonged to Alex growled as I advanced further into the living room.

I halted by the door intrigued by their hostile conversation.

"Fuck, I know, and I would deserve it. I just lost track time with Zoey. She's having personal problems again man you've got to understand my situation. I reached the bonfire when it was far too late." Justin?

There was a tired sigh. "That makes two of us and I understand. Sorry for snapping at you, I'm just really stressed out." I frowned at the tone of Alex's voice. He needed some rest.