Chapter 5 : Eventful Day

Song of the chapter : Coldplay - Paradise.

Chapter 5 : Eventful Day

Happy filled laughter rang throughout the house as both the children- the beautiful blonde haired girl with shinning green eyes that giggled as she ran from the boy, her brother, the brown haired boy that smirked playfully at her as he chased her down. The parents of the children were out busy in the yard laughing joyfully at the children's antics. The barbecue was being prepared by the handsome father on the grill whilst the loving mother shield her head from the Sun's heat with a big hat.

"Caleb! Leave your sister alone and come along." The mother scolded her son.

The little boy came to a stop at the sound of his mother's voice and pouted at her words.

"Okay mom!" Caleb yelled as he left Carrie by the door and ran outside. She followed behind him when she realized that the game of Hide and Seek had came to an end.

"Have a seat your dad will be done in just a minute." The mother, Lucie, said as she kissed both children on their foreheads.

"Okay mom." They both said in unison.

The dad finished the meal and set everyone's plate and everyone dived in after praying a thankful prayer.

It was one of the best memories Carrie had and she hoped she would never forget it. She hoped the memory of her dad's arms wrapped around her mother's waist tightly as he gazed down at her with nothing but pure love would not be forgotten. She prayed that as she looked at her older brother and everyone else around she would never have another life like the one she had at that moment.

Beep.

Beeep.

Beeeep!

I jumped up quickly and snapped my alarm down. With a big yawn I got up out the bed and headed to the bathroom.

I showered and brushed my teeth quickly then hopped out of the bathroom.

I put on my underwear as I ruffled through my wardrobe in search of something to wear. I sighed as I stared at all the hoodies and jeans I had. I was getting really tired of wearing the same thing every day.

I pulled off a washed out jeans and a black hoodie and put them on quickly running down the stairs after.

I prepared breakfast, scrambled eggs and sausages with toast. I placed everyone's food at their normal seating area. I even made Leona her favorite coffee.

I heard the sound of footsteps and when I looked around I saw Leona.

She was wearing a black dress that flared off of her. It was a little below the knee and it looked like it was made of silk. She wore a black pumps along with it as she had her silver bag in her hand.

"What are you suppose to say stepdaughter? Haven't you any manners?" I wanted to roll my eyes at what she said but after last night's incident I wouldn't dare.

"Excuse my lack in mannerism, Stepmother, good morning." I said politely.

"See that wasn't so hard was it?" She asked strutting into the dining room.

"Yes." I whispered when I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me.

"You're riding with Sirina today since your father's here until tomorrow. Wouldn't want him seeing you walking to school." She said, sipping carefully from her mug. I nodded.

"Have you informed her?" I asked. I didn't have a problem with riding with Sirina, anything but staying in a car with Natasha for more than five minutes.