Chapter 17 : That Smile Was As Fake As Kim K's Ass

Suprise! It's me again, told you guys I would make it up to you so here's a double update. It's a funny and entertaining one I hope.

And yeah the cast is getting together!!! :))) and the ever so talented Zendaya Coleman is to the side as you can see. Her part is as Zoey Adams, an essential character in this book. But with all that aside who doesn't admire her in reality? Like seriously? Just for that, vote for this chappy if you like/love Zendaya as much as I do. *inner fangirl sighs dreamily* She's amazing.

Chapter 17 : That Smile Was As Fake As Kim K's Ass

Alex left not long after we spoke. I informed him that I actually got the opportunity to finish our assignment that was due tomorrow so he didn't have much of a reason to stay here, not that I wanted him to or anything.

"Carrie!" I heard Leona's voice screeched through the intercom making me practically fly over towards it.

"Yes Stepmother?" I inquiried breathlessly.

There was a slight pause before she began speaking again. "What were you doing in particular before I buzzed you?"

My heart rate picked up ten fold at her question. Did she, somehow, hear Alex and I speaking a moment ago? I would be in deep shįt if she actually did and so I was panicking.

Okay, maybe she didn't hear. You guys were speaking very quietly, A part of me suggested trying to calm me down and it didn't help when she repeated the question in a more demanding tone.

"H-Homework," I managed to choke out.

"Homework got you so winded?" Oh. That was the reason she was asking. The thought made me blew out a breath of relief, at least I could tell the truth on this one.

"You see, since I was on the other side of the room I practically did a roll onto the bed to get to the intercom and it took-"

"Fine," She snapped interrupting me and I frowned at her. "Get down here in the living room, I'm giving you three minutes." And with that she signed off leaving me staring at the device in frustration.

I hurried down stairs, not wasting a moment since I didn't want to be punished one way or another.

"Yes?" I said as I took in Leona's standing figure beside the long brown coach.

"Your father's returning home tomorrow." She went straight into it. My eyes bulged out of my head at her words.

What? Dad's coming back? Why? He left like a couple days ago. If anything he wasn't supposed to be seen until Thanksgiving.

"Why is he coming back?" She gave me a pointed look for asking a question without permission but answered it anyway. I wasn't even aware of my action.

"It has to do with something about his boss, that god awful man, wanting to test him one last time and see how his relationship is with us. Apparently that dinner wasn't enough," She scoffed.

"I don't know the full details as yet child but basically he wants us to join him and his family on a trip this upcoming weekend." My lips folded together.

My dad's boss was so weird. I knew stuff like this were required when choosing and giving someone an important position but why did I have to be involved in it this time around?

"So you better be on your best behavior child," Her sharp tone had me snapping my attention back onto her, meeting her sickening brown eyes. "Unfortunately, you're gonna need a new wardrobe. I personally am, and I can't believe I'm saying this, getting sick of seeing you in the same thing every day. Sirina has offered to take you shopping since Natasha declined and I won't be caught dead doing anything like that with your company."