Chapter 23 : Guess Whose Tutor Am I?

Confession: I check wattpad literally every fifteen minutes or so to see if anyone has voted or commented and when I see a notification that tells me so I smile so hard that my cheeks hurt.

Chapter 23 : Guess Whose Tutor Am I?

"Carrie you know Mr. Hemmings right? He will be your student for the next three weeks. Luke meet your tutor Carrie." Mr. Jonas said between me and a guy I could not not know.

Luke Hemmings. He was the Mr. Popular at the school. He was everything boys envied on a low key and girls loved. He was funny, good looking, charming and smart; the total package. He was like the guy who had attempted to fill the gap Alex had made when he disappeared I heard but he couldn't really. The only problem with Luke was he was too noticeable of these characteristics about himself so he was narcissistic when it came to them. Truthfully, his ego was probably the size of Jupiter.

Luke smirked as he looked me up and down when Mr. Jonas excused himself.

"A pleasure to meet you Carrie." He said, eyes narrowing onto my face. He held out his hand for me to take and I eyed it warily. Eventually though I took it into mine and shook it. I jerked my hand away when I felt his thumb rub over the base of my hand.

I took a step back suddenly feeling closterphobic for some reason.

"Uh-h yeah." I mumbled.

He shook his head shaking his head as he glanced at everywhere but at me mumbling something softly but I caught it. "Wow,"

"'Wow'? Wow what?" I asked in confusion.

"I just-" He stopped abruptly then sighed. "You look even better up close. You're always so far away or your head is directed to the ground, all I'm saying is you should look up more often. It's a really good thing to do...especially with a pretty face like yours."

I could feel my face heating up.

No one has called me pretty in a long time.

Especially not a boy like Luke Hemmings. I didn't know what to say.

He waved about the empty classroom we had for ourselves thanks to Mr. Jonas. No extra classes were keptaround these parts of the school so we had the place to ourselves definitely when school dismissed.

I nodded. Sitting down in a desk beside him I tense when he took a seat next to me, our arms brushing.

I recovered quickly trying to not make anything out of it.

I dropped my backpack on the floor next to my leg. His gaze shifted to me as I began skipping through the pages of the big textbook we have would be working out of.

I cleared my throat feeling a few degrees hotter as his wife eyes never move away from me.

I looked up at him suddenly making him look away. I frowned.

"Let's start with page 54, Chapter 4." He leaned back in his chair leisurely skipping to the page then looked back up at me awaiting my next words.

"So-"

"Why are you tutoring?" He cut me off taking me by surprise.

"E-Excuse me?" I sputtered. Why would he ask this?

"Why are you tutoring? I thought you feared socializing or something, why would you do something that requires it?" He propped his elbows on the desk leaning forward and I couldn't help but do the opposite. He quirked an eyebrow at this.

"I...I didn't want to let sir down." I answered finally trying to tear my gaze away from those odd colored blue eyes of his.

"That's just it?" I nodded, biting on my lip and looking away from him onto the textbook.