Chapter 14 : She's Not Exactly A Witch She's Just A Terrible Bitch

The next morning went by like any Sunday morning would. I woke up early, six thirty to be exact and I started breakfast. I did the laundry after Sirina ate and there was no sign of Natasha as usual. She always slept in on a Sunday. I also did the dishes and mopped the floors to perfection.

I dusted the place and wiped off the furniture until my own reflection was visible, no exaggeration there. I cleaned my room and Leona's too, Sirina told me she had hers covered and Natasha didn't answer the door when I knocked to do hers but I should have known better.

I had completed the entire list of chores she gave me so I didn't have that to do. I couldn't think of anything else that was needed to be done as I looked around the place so I decided to do some homework in advance since I wasn't going to start dinner until four o'clock Leona returning at approximately seven.

I climb casually up the staircase with nothing in particular in mind. I started mumbling the lyrics to a song. It was a habit of mine when I was either bored, distracted or I just wanted to do it. I liked singing, always did. I never thought I was any good in the voice department though but my mom had different thoughts. The opposite of my thoughts actually.

We would always dance around in her and dad's room singing random Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Tina Turner songs until Caleb would cut us off with his shrilling voice of a Michael Jackson hit. Oh, how mom would scold him because he interrupted our sessions and he'd just say something along the lines of 'even dying cats have more talent than both of you combined' and that would earn him a slap to the head.

"If I got locked away," I began softly.

"And we lost it all today,"

"Tell me honestly,"

"Would you still love me the same?"

"If I showed you my flaws," My voice continued sounding rather pleasing to my ears.

"If I couldn't be strong,"

"Tell me honestly,"

"Would you still love me the same?"

I replayed the somewhat Jamaican guy's part in mind and hummed along to the catchy beat that always got me dancing.

I finally reached my bedroom but the song was still in mind. The thing was with me anytime I had a song in mind and it got stuck I had to listen it. Like from a device or something to actually hear the artist's voice which was in this case one of my favorite band, Maroon 5.

"If I got locked away and we lost it all today tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?" Adam Levine's beautiful voice projected throughout my room as I turned my laptop on and searched for the music.

I soaked in the melody as I replaced my long sleeved shirt with a plain ocean blue spaghetti strap one and left it on with my denim shorts. I took the brave step of wearing what I wanted around the house today and it felt absolutely thrilling. Like I was set free from the bonds of the suffocating clothing known as hoodies and pants.

"Now tell me would you really ride for me? Baby tell me would you die for me? Would you spend your whole life with me? (what's up?) Would you be there to always hold me down?-"

At this point I had already began dancing. Doing the most ridiculous set of moves, but it felt so good and right that my body was at peace, my homework long forgotten.

My waves of freed long blonde hair whipped all around me as my body moved about and it momentarily blocked my view from time to time but I didn't mind. I was too into the amazing music.