Getting Schooled

"We meet again," The male judge from my audition greeted warmly, a smile across his face. He was in a snazzy black suit with a red tie and gold cuff links. Opening the door for me, I entered the building to discover we were the only two people in the room. "It's so nice to see you, Samantha."

"Likewise."

"The students are upstairs in their classes. The rest of the faculty are in the teacher's lounge," He explained as he motioned for me to look around. "If you are to get the job, this would be your studio. As you can see, it's large enough to accompany a class of forty students."

"It is quite large," I looked around. There were huge windows against the back wall covered by sheer grey curtains. The walls were white and peeling in some areas. There were only two walls covered with mirrors about twelve feet high. With a little cleaning and some decor this would make for a great studio. I can actually see myself dancing here. "No one is using this room right now?"

"Not at the moment," He sighed, looking slightly upset. He tensed up for a second, his jaw clenched as he thought. When he looked at me again a smile spread across his face. "So, are you ready to go?" With a nod, we proceeded down a hallway and up a flight of stairs which connected to another hallway. This one was much wider and had chains of tall lockers stacked against them. Voices echoed through the hallways from rooms filled with students.

He led me down the right corridor and to the third to last door on the right. A classroom?

"Good luck, Ms. Wells." He turned the knob and pushed it open. There were a group of fifteen teenagers sitting on the floor, waiting silently.

"Thanks, Mr..."

"Jacomo. No Mr." He winked and watched me enter the classroom. What the hell am I supposed to do? Do they expect me to teach them? I guess so.

"Good afternoon," I greeted, shutting the door behind me. This classroom was a studio like the one downstairs but much smaller. Three walls were lined with mirrors while the other one had windows in which light was flooding in. The teens looked at me with smiles, all the boys grinned sheepishly while the girls just waited patiently. I motioned for them to stand up from the wood floors. They all rose to their feet in seconds. "My name is Ms. Wells and I will be teaching this class today... What are you taking?"

A young boy with blonde hair raised his hand to speak. I nodded for him to speak. "Contemporary dance with partners."

"Interesting," I placed my hands behind my back and held back a laugh. I love contemporary dancing. I've never done a partners class for contemporary before. I can already tell this is going to be fun. "Are you all paired?"

They all nodded in unison. That's a good sign. They know the basics. My job will be a whole lot easier if they continue to cooperate.

"Ms. Wells?" A skinny young girl about fourteen raised her hand. I looked at her.

"Yes?"

"We don't have any music." The whole body of students looked at her and then at me with wide eyes.

"No music? No problem," An idea popped into my head. Music for contemporary dance… I have to have a playlist on my iPod I can play. Searching through my purse, I found my iPod at the bottom of my bag along with portable speakers and a pair of ankle socks. Placing my bag on the floor by the mirrors, I kicked off my heels and slipped on the socks. Then, I clicked on my contemporary playlist and attached the speakers to my iPod. "Let's stretch for one song and then you'll partner up. Ready?"

With wide smiles, they spread out across the room and followed my instructions. Who knew teaching could be so fun?

The class ended in the blink of an eye. It was upsetting to have it finish so soon. I never realized how fast time flies when I enjoy myself. The students all behaved and had fun. They laughed every now and then, but quickly got back to dancing. I packed my iPod, socks and speakers into my purse before putting my heels back on.

Jacomo met me at the door and asked me how class went. He listened intently as I told him how well class had gone. Then he escorted me out to the school entrance and we exchanged goodbyes.

As I made my way to the Jeep I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. Who could that be? The caller's number was from Baleton, but not one I recognized.

"Hello?"

"Samantha? Hey," A masculine voice I'd heard before echoed over the phone. "It's Roger."

"Roger," I repeated his name, shocked to hear from him. Clearing my throat, I continued, "How are you?

"I'm doing good. You?"

"Very good, actually. I just left a job interview. It was great." I attempted making conversation.

"That's awesome to hear. So, I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner one night... You there?" He asked, my mind freezing over. Dinner? With Roger? I don't know. There's no harm in going out for dinner, though.

"Oh, sorry! I just wasn't expecting you to ask that," Laughing, I tried my best to hide my nervousness. "Dinner sounds nice."

"Great," He said confidently. "So where would you like to go?"

"Surprise me." I flirted, my wolf taking control. He laughed over the phone. I couldn't help but feel chills course through my body.

"I will. Where should I pick you up?" He asked casually. At work? No, I should make him pick me up at my apartment.

"Twenty-one Main. Ring the second bell from the top. My initials are next to it if you forget."

"Okay. Eight tomorrow work for you?"

"Eight is perfect. It’s a date… So, I’ll see you then." I ended the conversation, my stomach in knots. Shutting my phone, I stood frozen and stared at it. Actually, I'm really nervous about this. Roger's attractive and he seems nice. Plus, he can cook, but something's just not normal about him. I can't read his thoughts which is really odd. You'd think that would be a good thing but I don't really know him that well to begin with. Doesn't matter now. I've got a date with him. I have the get to know him better over dinner.

It's definitely going to be interesting.