Hold Me Now-Four

Chapter Four

Harry's eyes opened to sunlight seeping through a crack in some blinds. His body was stiff, and his head pounded. He tried to sit up, but wasn't strong enough. And was that a lump on his leg? Oh, no, Harry thought with relief, it's just Liam. That made Harry shoot up, despite the pain in his stomach. Liam and Zayn couldn't find out what was happening to him. Liam stirred, his eyes opening.

"Harry?" He asked softly, his eyes drooping lazily. "Are you awake?" But it was clearly obvious that Harry was, as sleeping people don't sit up or run a hand over the back of their head in their sleep. "Are you okay?" Harry shook his head, leaning against the bed frame, looking around. He had never been here before, but he guessed it was Liam's house.

"Liam?" Harry whispered, his eyes resting on Liam's. "How did I get here? Do you-do you know about what happened?" Liam sighed, standing up and cracking his back. He sat down next to Harry, taking Harry's hand in his. He ran his free hand through Harry's curly hair, much to the boy's annoyance.

"Yes, me and Zayn both know about what happens to you," he said quietly, wrapping both hands around Harry's and looking at the striped sheet. "And we aren't letting you go back there. It's too dangerous, and we aren't going to sit back and let them hurt you like that again." Harry's eyes filled with tears, and he grasped Liam's shoulders.

"No!" He shouted, surprising Liam. "You can't! They have Gemma. The only reason they hurt me is because I'm protecting her! If I go away, they will hurt her!" His eyes were frantic, and his breathing picked up. "And I can't let that happen to her." Harry slumped in defeat, and Liam felt his heart go out to him.

"Harry," he whispered, reaching over and touching Harry's cheek, "I'll take her, too. We won't leave her behind. You guys can stay with me." Liam's parents were often traveling the world without him, and he was usually alone all the time. His house was big, for his parents were quite rich. Tears filled Harry's eyes, and his lips quivered.

"Y-you would do that? For m-me?" Harry asked, as if he didn't believe it. Liam nodded, a small smile crossing his face. "But why?" He had Liam there, without an answer. He loved Harry, as a brother, and would do anything to protect him. But he had never let anyone else move in with him. It was a big step, even for Liam.

"I don't know," Liam whispered, leaning his head against Harry's. The only sound was the breathing from the both of them, which was in unison. Then a tinkle of a bell sounded outside the door, followed by a knock, causing Liam to giggle as he looked backwards.

The person on the other side of the door sounded cheerful. "Soup as requested!"

~~

Three steps left. Four steps right. Check the phone. Curse when no answer. Start the process over again. That's what Louis had been doing for the past ten minutes, waiting for Niall's reply. He had texted and called Niall over half an hour ago, and still had nothing. What if something was wrong? What if he was hurt?

"Oh my," he whispered, freezing in his tracks, the air around him suddenly cold, "he could be getting raped. I'm such a bad friend."

~~

Louis' heart thumped wildly in his chest as he approached Niall's door. What if his father answered? Or what if he walked into Niall getting- "No!" He shouted softly to himself. "Niall is perfectly fine. He is probably sitting on his bed, doing homework, his phone off. Yeah, that's what's happening." He repeated it over and over in his head as he walked up the steps, not believing a word of it.

Niall wouldn't be okay, he was in his father's hands! For all Louis knew, Niall could be dead. He rapped three times on the door. The windows were dark, and Louis doubted anyone was home, even though it was almost eleven thirty at night. It didn't even look like anyone lived there, in the dark, creepy house. He had never been inside, and hoped he never had to, for the outside gave him the creeps.