Chapter 9 - Royal fights

Sorry it took a while

~~~

I sat up as much as I could with his arm supporting me. We kissed and the warm feeling came back. The kiss was urgent like it had been too long since our lips last touched. He looked in to my lilac eyes as he pulled away, our breathing, heavy and laboured.

We both turned looked at my side at the same time; it had the red outline of a heart with a wolf in the middle and it seemed to be moving in time with my heart going bigger and smaller.

“We better stop before Trish comes back.” Jesse muttered as he picked his shirt up and slipped it over my head. He walked over to some drawers and picked out a shirt, he was about to put it on, when I nudged him with my tail; he dropped it and looked over at me.

“What?”

“Is this your room?”

“Yes...Why?”

“You tucked me in the other night when the party crashers came?”

“Yes I hugged you all night, I hope that’s okay, I didn’t want to move you but it is my bed... Hold on what party crashers?” His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. Damn his confused face is hot.

“You know when you guys held that party, and then you left me in the closet while you ran off to get rid of them? Bonbon told me.”

“Ah no those were vampires; they were looking for something or someone. I’m not sure what though. But it won’t happen again because we caught their Prince. We tried questioning him, but all he seems to say is Sophia and babbles on about her, it’s kind of annoying.”

All of a sudden Trish burst in to the room with wide eyes holding a hair dryer.

“Beta, Alpha needs to see you right away, a fox has been spotted along with some other animals outside and the vampire is getting restless.” Trish addressed Jesse in a hurried panicked voice.

“Calm down Trish, why don’t you help Freddi transform back and then stay here until I come back I’ll explain what’s happening later.”

“Okay.” Trish plugged in the hair dryer and set to work as Jesse left. She hummed quietly as she worked, with an inquisitive look on her face.

I began giggling as tickling ran up my tail, which had begun to split in the middle and loose scales.

I was yet again in my human form only wearing Jesse’s shirt, it smelt like the woods after it had rained. I relaxed back on to the bed and Trish flopped next to me.

“I thought I was the only one...” she trailed off.

“What about your mum? Or dad doesn’t one of them have to be a mermaid?”

“My mum I never knew her I just know I look just like her with my dad’s eyes – I found a picture of them you see. Gary and Lumina kept the house so I could have it when I’m older. I’ve already been in the attic a few times it’s my favourite part.”

She looked off dreamily.

“Does anyone know about the mermaid thing?”