Chapter 16 - Bloody mysteries (literally)

I walked around the room until I heard a creak from the floor. I bent down and looked at the board there was a small hole that could fit a finger in it to help pry it up.

I pulled the floor board up and took out the dress; quickly I slipped it on over my head and put the board back in place.

I picked up my bag and grabbed the painting my mum did and rolled it up so it wouldn’t get damaged. I figured the school was probably locked by now so I decided to jump back out the window since I didn’t want to run into anyone. I sprang out the window and landed next to the school.

I have so much to do I have to find out who my family is and why they left me and I kind of want to know who this Sophia person is, not to mention figure out this whole mate thing and why Luther was shocked I had three, and then on top of all that I need to find out why those to idiots were having a fight. This is all because Luther scared me half to death and made me shift but then again I guess I’d do all that stuff when I eventually shifted anyway.

I figure I’ll tackle most of that at once if I find Phoenix the vampire prince guy he can explain why they were fighting and he wrote letters to Sophia so he knows who she is and Chase said I had my mother’s eyes so he might know about my family.

Alright so tracking should be easy all I’ve got to do is sniff his jumper and try match the scent it sounds easy enough. I pulled his jumper out of my bag and looked to check nobody was looking. I mean how weird would it be if you were walking down the street and you saw a girl pull out a jumper and start sniffing it?

I inhaled deeply it smelt kind of metallic like iron or something with a hint of cinnamon so this shouldn’t be too hard how many people smell like a metal factory with spices.

As I have found out two hours later walking up the same street I’ve gone down 5 times now there are a lot of people in this town that smell like metal but they’ve all got a slight smell of something with it but it’s so small it’s hard to pick up. Urgh if I see Chase I’m going to kill him for this stupid idea.

I walked down another street and there was a little girl with waist length black hair that was curled in ringlets in a deep red dress trying to untangle a skipping rope.

“Hey you!” she yelled at me. I looked at her again and she held up her skipping rope.

“Can you untangle this please?” she asked sweetly with a big toothy grin.

“Erm sure.” I pick it up and start untying it when I feel a sharp scratch on my leg.

I dropped the rope in surprise and looked down and the angelic looking girl was biting me.

“What the hell!?” I yelled pushing her off my leg. She fell backwards onto the ground and started crying. What on Earth do you do in a situation like this? My leg’s bleeding from being bit by a little girl who’s now on the floor crying.

I looked around and saw lots of red eyes staring at me from windows. I gulped this wasn’t going to end well was it unless I was nice to this demon child who just bit me.