EPILOGUE

"YIKES, I'M GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!"

Today's going to be your lucky day!

The newscaster from the morning news announced. But to her, it felt different because to her, everyday's been a lucky day for her. Unlike other girls, Dawn knew she wasn't ordinary.

She mad dash to the bathroom, took the second quickest shower she had ever done in her life and wore her chef's uniform while her long, wet hair fell upon her shoulders. God knows if she had washed her hair thoroughly but to hell with it, she didn't care anymore because she's running late. Again.

With a growling stomach and a head full of thoughts, she grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the table to eat later and ran out of the front door. Her mad dash had cause her to lose balance of herself as she tripped over to the floor.

But two quick, strong arms found their way around her body, catching her just before her face touched the floor. Dawn looked up, startled and hungry, and a big smile quickly painted her face.

"You're so fucking clumsy, do you know that?"

Dawn steadied herself as she faced him, her smile still attached to her features. In front of her was the man of her dreams. Even with a frown, Eric looked exquisitely handsome. With furrowed brows and lips curled into an annoyed state, he rolled his eyes and shook his head. But he was smiling and Dawn still felt butterflies.

Cutting his hair short really brought out a different look in Eric. He looked young and annoyed but handsome nevertheless. It's his idea to have his hair cut since he's been wearing it long for quite some time now. Dawn was actually against it, telling him that it would lose his charms but Eric just dismissed the thought and rolled his eyes. And he looked healthier, his arms lean and toned, his body fit.

"Good morning to you too, Basil." Dawn smiled.

"You've got to be careful now, Catherine." Eric replied. "I can't risk losing you because of your clumsiness, got it?"

They were face to face now and one couldn't hide the smile from each other now.

Some moments and feelings are always going to be there.

Things had changed after Dawn's accident. Eric was at his apartment that time, writing down his re-application letter for the volunteer work when Zeus called him. He was crying, choking on his own tears while he talked to Eric. He was stuttering, vomiting word by word but all Eric caught were the words accident and Dawn. He was on his feet already when Zeus told him that Dawn was rushed to the hospital. Eric's mind was blank, his hands shaking, and his knees weak from the information that had been fed to his mind.

All the while he was yelling at the cab driver to drive faster, his mind kept replaying what had just happened between him and Dawn. They were just talking earlier, fighting really, but they reconciled after. He wished her a great day ahead at work as she had wished to him back. They were just together. They had just kissed. So why on earth she'd been on an accident?

When he arrived at the hospital, he was surprised to see Kieran there. She was crying, her hands covered in blood as she looked up at Eric and the words suddenly flooded out of her lips. She told him what happened, what she had done for this happen to Dawn and Eric's throat tightened. All of a sudden, he just couldn't breathe. He almost wanted to push Kieran, do something to hurt her, to match the pain Dawn was feeling right now.

"I'm sorry, Eric. I'm really sorry." Kieran cried, hiccupping. "I'm really, really sorry."

"Get out of my fucking sight and my fucking life." Eric hissed, his eyes blurred from the tears.