SEVEN (R)

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THIS WAS A HALLOWEEN THEMED WEDDING?"

It was reception time and everybody was busy drinking and eating. They were all in their costumes, looking and feeling festive all together. Some acoustic indie song was singing in the background.

But instead of feeling all ghostly and festive, Eric was busy glaring at Dawn, who was busy fidgeting beside him. He sighed for the nth time that evening, a vein throbbing from his forehead. He looked like he was going to pass out anytime.

"You look absolutely ridiculous in that Sadako costume." Eric hissed.

"At least I fit the theme!" Dawn replied, shooting him a glare.

"I will kill you. I will really kill you."

"You can't kill me. There are many witnesses. You'll be incarcerated!"

"I will kill you when we get home. I will tie you up, put you in a sack, and throw you the nearest body of water and you'll be forever missing. There'll be news about you on TV about a tall girl wearing a ridiculous Sadako costume and newspaper but they'll never find you. You'll die loveless and never been kissed, just like how your worst nightmares really are."

"Just get over it, Eric." Dawn rolled her eyes.

Dressed in a tuxedo he borrowed from Andrew, Eric was so out of place that he felt like going home and skipping the whole clinking of wine glasses and speeches. And even though the AC from the reception area was working just fine, he was sweating. He hates wearing clothes like this. He perspire quickly. He wanted to change to a nice shirt and a pair of jeans and just get the hell out of here.

But Dawn wasn't the one who came knocking over her door and accepted the invitation he pondered on very deeply. That was his entire fault. He regretted it right away after seeing everyone wearing scary costumes. He pushed away his bangs and tied his hair. He forgot to have a haircut and now his hair was all over the place. He crossed his arms and watched his companion bingeing on a piece of caramel cupcake. Again.

Dawn was dressed as Sadako. She looked very amusing with her hair falling from her shoulders. Her make-up looked caked and melted. Together with Eric, they looked incompatible. Eric thought they both looked ridiculous. But at least he looked decent and better than her.

"Can I go home now?" Eric asked.

"No! We haven't made it to the cutting of cake." Dawn cried.

"But I don't care about the cutting of cake or whatever there is to this."

"But you still came and you're still putting up to everything."

Eric stared at her. She's right. He's still here, he ate his steak (and it was really delicious too), and he wasn't even grateful. He was about to stand up when a man started walking toward them. He clearly recognized it to be the groom, Zeus.

"Dawn!" Zeus called out.

He was dressed as Romeo from Romeo and Juliet. Eric found it rather funny, with the medieval costume and all. But Zeus really rocked it, along with his wife, Joanna.

"Zeus! Oh my God, hi!" Dawn ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. They started jumping while hugging each other and they didn't care. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you! God, this costume is making me sweat like a pig. You absolutely look rad in your Sadako costume!" Zeus grinned.

"Did you like it? I borrowed it from a friend."

"I loved it!" Zeus smiled brightly then turned to Eric, who was busy trying to be interested in the flower display on the table. "You must be..." he trailed off.