Chapter 11

Chapter 11, just like I promised :D

*************************************

Teagan's POV

It's silent for exactly one heartbeat. I saw red.

"I'm going to MURDER YOU!" I screech suddenly, while trying to launch myself at Roy. No one gets to hurt members of my pack. He'd signed himself up for an ass whooping. Reece seems to have other ideas however, because he refuses to let me attack Roy. Still in his arms, I struggle against him.

"Don't do something you're going to regret Teagan," Reece murmurs in my ear. "He's baiting you, don't fall for it." I'm still incredibly pissed, but I know he's right. I need to calm down. I take a few deep shuddering breaths.

"You should listen to your boyfriend Teagan," Roy says while smirking. "I guess he's smarter than he looks." Reece growls at him menacingly. Roy just laughs. I pull on Reece's arms, trying to get him to let go of me. He looks at me questioningly.

"I'm fine; I know what I'm doing. I promise I won't lose control."

He nods at me, reassured by my words, and releases me. With my composure gained, I address Roy.

"What is it that you want, Roy?" I say while arranging my face in to a carefully blank expression. He smiles at me.

"All in good time Teagan, you'll just have to wait and see," he brushes me off.

"I don't have time for your games," I growl at him while taking a step forward. You know what? Fuck him, I don't give a damn what he has to say. Through the pack link I say to my fighters and guards,

"Move in. Make Mikey's safety a first priority. After he's secured, take them out. And for all my non-fighting guards, as soon as we make our move, secure the women and children." I feel my packs acknowledgement through the bond. They were ready. We're taking this guy down.

"What's the point in coming here Roy?" I ask while trying to distract him. I let a bit of my anger show through my mask, knowing that's what he wanted. He smirks again, and opens his mouth to respond. He doesn't get the chance to though, as my men appear all around him and attack on cue.

The best way to describe it is orderly chaos. My men are swift and precise, attacking neatly and ferociously. I see Joshua and fighting a burly wolf and experience a brief pang of worry before he rips the other wolf's head off. I smile inwardly, that's definitely my beta. Connor had taken charge of the women and children along with the other non-fighters, hoarding them to safety. I momentarily glimpse Mrs. Simmons straining for her son, and I notice he's on the ground, not moving. The wolf that had held him captive was fighting one of my men. I readied myself to save him when Reece jumped in to the whirlwind of the battle and swept him to safety. Thank God.

Roy's men were finally noticing they were outnumbered and were beginning to retreat. Roy was fighting two wolves at a time, and swiped at both of them. He clawed one of them beneath the ribs and bit down on the other ones neck. Both of them slumped to the ground and he turned to retreat with the rest of his squad. I felt the bloodlust rise up within me. How dare he? Before I knew it, I had shifted.

"Joshua, get the injured medical help immediately. I'm going after them," I said through the pack's mind link. I felt him beginning to protest but I had already closed off my mind to him and began running.

Roy caught on to what I was doing because he split off from his group of men. I pushed myself faster; I had to catch him. He ran, and I chased for about then minutes before I finally tackled him. We both shifted back.

"What are you doing here? What are you playing at Stark?" I hiss, shoving him up against a tree. All he does is smirk.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Blakely?"

"I swear to God, if you don't start talking Roy, I will rip your throat out. Right here, right now. Talk," I growl shoving him harder.

"I cannot give that information to you, Alpha. I can however, tell you that when my boss gets his hands on you, you are in for it." He laughs humorlessly.

"Who are you working for? Who's the leader of the Hunters?" I narrow my eyes.

"Someone you thought you'd never see again; someone who is missing you greatly." He looks amused.

"Look I-," I start to say but I'm cut off when the bushes rustle. My head snaps over and Roy uses the opportunity to attack me. We're wrestling around on the ground when I hear a loud snarl and then suddenly Roy is yanked off me. I push off the ground to see Reece attacking Roy. Roy swipes at Reece's chest and all I can see is blood. I completely forget about Roy as I rush over to Reece.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. He nods.

"I'm fine but-," he looks around. "Fuck! He got away!"

Two hours later, Reece and I have had more than enough to drink. We're sitting on the deck drinking wine. I mean, why not? It's my birthday and I didn't even manage to capture Roy. I didn't even inflict any real damage. I sigh. I clearly need alcohol.

"I still can't believe he's gone. I was so close. I can only imagine what the pack thinks right now," I say glumly. Reece hiccups and pulls me into his lap. I'm too drunk to care.

"I'm sure they don't think anything. Your mate was in danger. No one is going to question your decision." Oh, so we're on this again. As if enough shit hasn't already happened.

"No one is going to question it because no one thinks we're mates! I haven't told anyone, and you had better not be either. We aren't mates, there's no such thing! Even if there was, which there isn't, then I wouldn't be yours! So just shut the hell up! Yes, I will admit there's some attraction between us, but none of that soul mate bullshit.

"Say it again, one more fucking time, and I swear I will give you the ass whooping that was meant for Roy." He gives me an amused look. I don't know what the hell is so funny but I'm ready to knock that smirk off this face. I'm not too drunk to kick his ass.

"Are you done?" He inquires, with raised eyebrows. I sigh.

"Yes."

"Good." He bends down and kisses me. You would think after the rant I just gave him that I would push him away and then go all Kung Fu on him, but I don't. Maybe it's the alcohol, maybe it's because there IS some attraction between us, I don't know. What I do know is that this is the perfect way to let out my built up frustration.

So I kiss him back. Fiercely. For once, I'm not worried about the consequences, although I know a sober me is going to regret this. I can't bring myself to care. That's why I don't stop him when his tongue slips into my mouth, I don't stop him when he takes us inside and into my bedroom, I don't stop him when he trails kisses along my neck, and I don't stop him when he strips all our clothes off. I need this, just for tonight. I can deal with everything else later.

************************************

Despite, the falling out with my editor I still could've uploaded this, so I'm sorry.

Vote! Comment! Follow! Your comments mean the world to me, so please do!!!!

~Maya