Chapter 7

Picture od Teagan's outfit on the side ^_^

********************************************************************************

Teagan’s POV

How on Earth did I end up standing in front of my closet mirror, contemplating what to wear for a date? That’s right I said a date. Why did I agree to this? It’s probably because I’m stupid, that’s why. It’s Wednesday, four days before an alleged attack on my birthday party, and I’m trying to figure what to wear for the damned date. What is wrong with my life? I guess I should explain how it went down, huh?

*Earlier in the day, around one maybe?

I’m doing paperwork at my desk when I hear a knock on my office door. Without waiting for a response, Reece walks in and makes himself at home in the chair across from my desk. He has the cheekiest grin on his face, and I admit that he looks absolutely adorable. The fact that I think he looks adorable makes me want to slap him. I return my gaze to my paperwork, thinking that if I ignore him he might go away. As I work, I can feel his gaze on me. Eventually, I become fed up with his presence. I look up to see him staring at me intently.

“What!” I snap. Why can’t he take a hint that I want nothing to do with him?

“Go on a date with me.” He says bluntly. Slightly taken aback, I blurt,

“No!” He’s stupid if he thinks I would actually consider it.

“Go on a date with me, Teagan,” he insists. My name on his tongue makes me shiver. That’s when I begin to get irritated.

“How many times do I have to tell you I want nothing to do with you before you actually grasp that I want nothing to do with you?” I say exasperated.

“You never said you wanted nothing to do with me. You just said that we aren’t mates. And if we aren’t mates then there’s no reason we can’t go on a casual date. As friends.” He says smugly. I want to punch him because I know he’s right. Finally, I sigh. Maybe if I go on this date with him he’ll stop pestering me. He perks up because he knows I’m about to cave.

“Fine. If I go on this stupid date with you, will you leave me alone?”

“I guarantee that after this date, you won’t want me to leave you alone.” He winks and then gets up to walk out. “I’ll be at your door at 7.” He calls over his shoulder.

And that is how I ended up digging through my closet at 6:30 trying to decide what to wear. Someone knocks on my door.

 “Come in!” I yell. Sasha comes in grinning like a mad man.

“I’m so excited for you over this date!” She squeals. “I’m guessing you have no idea what to wear so I came to help you.” She saunters over to my closet and begins to search through the piles of clothing on the floor. Then she throws a bunch of items at me. Next thing I know I’m standing in front of my vanity mirror dressed in black skinny jeans, a gray and black Beatles t-shirt with a gray cardigans, black ankle boots, and a yellow beanie.

“You look fabulous, darling. Have fun.” She winks at me before she walks out. I apply a light coat of mascara and some lip-gloss because that’s all I need. I fluff my hair and look over at the clock. 6:58. At that moment, I hear a knock on my door. Right on time.

I flounce downstairs and open the door to see Reece in a black button down and dark jeans. Even I have to admit, he looks extremely yummy. Its hard not to jump him right there in the hallway. What can I say; I’m a raging hormonal teenager. But then I remember who I’m thinking about and I purse my lips. When I look back up at Reece, he’s smirking.