Chapter 3

I pickes Matt Cohen to play Beta Joshua Patterson. Hes yummy <3 pictcha on the side (;

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 3

Teagan’s POV

          Mate. Mate. Mate.

No matter how I put it, it still sounds un-be-fucking-lievable. I DO NOT WANT A MATE! I do not need a mate; in fact, I find the whole principle moronic. Besides the fact that having a “soul-mate” is complete bullshit, other, more practical problems come along with it as well. Especially since my ‘mate’ happens to be Reece. I am an Alpha. He is an Alpha. We both have duties to be support our individual packs. Normally, if your mate isn’t in your pack, the girl moves to the males’ territory. There is no way that I am giving up my alpha responsibilities just to be with my ‘soul-mate’ that isn’t actually my soul mate anyways. Not that it matters. I have never wanted a mate, I still don’t want a mate now, and I do not want him.

            When he stepped out of that car, I knew that I couldn’t be with him. I hope that once he sees how much of a bitch I am, he won’t want me. Please don’t want me. We’ll fight the Hunters, he’ll go home, and he’ll find some other poor soul that still has the audacity to believe in love to shack up with. That’s what I want to happen. That’s what is going to happen. That’s what I need to happen. My wolf however, has other ideas.

            ‘Are you sure? Are you sure that’s what you want? Because that’s not what I want,’ she whispers in my head.

            ‘Shut up. We don’t always get what we want. You’re a part of me, you were there that night. Being with Reece is not happening. Ever.’

But Reece is not our mother! We both know he would never betray us the way she did to our father. Just give him a chance!’ Stupid wolf, can’t she understand that I don’t want this? That we will only both end up getting hurt in the end?

‘NO. The second I give him the opportunity, he’ll just hurt us. It’s better to shut it down now, so that that will never happen. It will save everyone a lot of trouble.’

‘Whatever. I know you will cave eventually. He’s meant to be with us, you can’t ignore that forever.’ I don’t even dignify that with a response.

Reece’s POV

            For the past few minutes, we have all been in Alpha Teagan’s office just staring awkwardly. Her eyes shamelessly meet my gaze, but her expression reveals nothing. After what seems like ages, she breaks the silence.

            “Tell me about the Hunter attacks,” she says casually. “When did they start? How often do they occur? How many have been injured, or killed? Do you have any idea why they would target your pack in particular?” Geez, she gets right down to the point. I begin to answer but Clark beats me to it.

            “They started last year. In the beginning, they were infrequent, but now they’re about every other week. The most recent attack was this morning, which is why there was a delay in Alpha Reece’s arrival. Total, we've lost about forty pack members over the course of the year. On average, about a dozen people are injured by an individual attack, but today almost half the pack retained some kind of injury. We have no idea why the Hunters have decided to target us specifically. They just do.” Teagan nods thoughtfully then turns to her Beta,

            “What do you think, Josh?” She asks. Josh pauses for a moment before saying,

“I definitely think that the Hunters have some ulterior motive. It should be a high priority to figure out what. We need to look at every angle. Also, we need to meet with Connor and see if he can set up some new patrol routes for their borders.” Then he turns to us. “I assume your third in command is in charge right now?” I nod. “Good, once we have a basic plan you should get all of this information to him so he can start instituting it. Then-”

He’s interrupted by a knock on the door.

            “Alpha Teagan?” A boy’s voice calls from the hall.

            “Yes? Come in.” Teagan replies. The door opens to reveal and small boy about ten.

 “Yes Mikey?” Teagan says warmly, her whole manner instantly shifting.

            “Connor is requesting you in the war room.” Says the boy, err, Mikey. Teagan furrows her brow.

            “Can’t it wait? Connor knows I’m in a meeting.” The boy shakes his head.

            “Connor said that it was really important.”

            “Very well, tell him I will be right there.” He nods and turns to leave. Teagan calls after him.

“Mikey?” The boy turns. “Don’t I get a hug?” The boy smiles sheepishly and then throws his arms around her. “Thanks, Mikey. You can go now. Tell your mother I say hello, alright?” Mikey nods before he runs off. Teagan’s eyes meet mine for a second, and the warmth in here eyes makes her look even more beautiful. A second later, her eyes are cold again. Before the warmth is completely gone though, I get a glimpse of something else as she looks at me. The reason why she’s so cold, possibly? It lingers for less than a second before it’s gone, and I can’t decipher its meaning. What could have possibly happened to make her so frigid?

            “Josh, please escort Alpha Reece and Beta Clark to the guest suites, then meet Connor and I in the war room.” Teagan turns to us. “You are more than welcome to join us once you get situated. The war room is just down the hall, second door on the left. ” And with that, she gets up and gracefully walks out of the room.

*************************************************************

Whatcha thinks?? Ooooh, whos Connor and what does he want? (; lol I'm making it sound like a bigger deal then it is. Whateva.

Vote, comment, and follow for me, loves.

~Maya