Chapter 5

Blake Lively is my Sasha because Blake Lively is freakin gorg, okay?? Mmkay. Picture to the right --->

***********************************************************************

Chapter 5

Unknown POV

             My impatience is wearing on me. It’s been three hours since I sent that stupid boy to do his job. I swear if he fucked this up; there will be hell to pay. I cannot afford to fail. I will eliminate anyone who stands in my way. Even my own flesh and blood, if it comes down to that.

            I’m snapped out of my brooding thoughts by a knock at the door.

“Sir, Roy is back.” The door opens to reveal Roy, with one of my guards behind him. I examine him, and what does the foolish boy have in his hand? A burger. I can’t wait to hear his explanation for this.

            “Where have you been?!” I roar. “It’s been three hours! Did you fuck up? Because I swear Roy-,” Roy holds up his hand.

            “Uncle please, have some faith in my abilities. Everything went accordingly. The Hunters you sent with me were eliminated, and the note has been delivered. Everything is fine.” Then he takes a large bite out of his burger.

            “If everything went okay then why did it take you so long to get back?” I snap skeptically.

            “I was hungry,” he shrugs. “There was this cute little diner right outside their territory, and there was this cute waitress…” He trails off like he’s remembering something good. Then he perks up. “I got her number.” It takes all my willpower not to snap the cheeky grin right off of his face. Instead I grit my teeth and snatch the burger from his hands, throwing it on the ground.

            “Are you an idiot? Why in the hell would you stop so close to her boundaries? What if she went investigating? I guarantee she’s figured out you sent the note! What if someone saw you?” I growl.

            “Please. She’s probably freaking out about the very fact that I’m alive right now. She won’t do anything. Moreover, I made sure I wasn’t seen. All is well. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to find food because you totally just ruined my burger.” With that he turns on his heel and struts out. I sit down at my desk and sigh. Children….

Teagan’s POV

          Sasha is sitting across from me, staring. She knows something is up, and is waiting for me to explain. She is, after all, my best friend. Josh got lucky with her. They’re mates. Well they would be, if I actually believed in that bullshit. So, I guess according to them they’re mates. If I did believe in soul mates though, they would definitely fit the definition.

 “So Sasha…” I begin awkwardly…

“You found your mate didn’t you? Its Alpha Adams, isn’t it? You two would make such a cute couple!” She squeals interrupting. She knows me way to well.

“Well yes, according to my wolf he’s my ‘mate’. But you know I don’t believe in that stuff…” I trail off. Sasha sighs.

“Teagan-,” she begins. I cut her off.

 “Sasha, don’t. We’ve been over this. You know why I can’t. I know you think I should give him a chance, but giving him a chance would mean putting myself out there. I can’t do that. What happens when he backstabs me? What then?” I say exasperated.