Chapter 10

Roy's POV

"Is everything set?" I get murmurs of readiness from my circle of men.

"Alright boys, let’s move out. Grab the kid." I say as I walk out. It's show time.

Teagan's POV

It's Sunday. Happy birthday to me...not. Reece is sitting on my bed while I apply my make up in the bathroom. We seem pretty normal considering we’re supposed to be attacked today, right? That's how we're supposed to seem. I made the announcement yesterday that everyone needed to continue on normally, but be on guard. There's no reason to have everyone in a panic, we are after all, supposed to be celebrating.

I walk out of the bathroom and Reece's head snaps up. He's looking at me with so much desire and lust. I’m proud to say that I didn’t blush. I could probably understand why. I had on a strapless, pink dress with silver sparkles that hugged me in all the right places. I had matching pink pumps and my hair was curled and pinned to the side so it fell over my right shoulder all the way down to my waist. I looked hot.

I'm not going to lie, Reece looks hot too. He has on dark jeans and a pink v-neck that suspiciously compliments my dress. I'm not even ashamed to say I was checking him out.

"You look gorgeous, Teagan. If you're done checking me out, we should be in our way. We're already late." Reece smirks and holds out his hand for me to take. I roll my eyes but grab his hand anyway. The party is in the backyard. It's not like we're traveling thirty minutes to get there.

When I open the door to the deck, I look out in the yard to see the party fully in swing. There are twinkling lights hanging in the trees, and some band from the pack is performing on the stage we have set up. Everyone looks up in my presence and yells,

"Happy Birthday Alpha Teagan!" With cheeky grins. Maybe this night won't be so bad after all...

I’m thoroughly enjoying myself when three hours later and I get a frantic call through my mind link.

"Alpha Teagan! Breach in the northern borders! Their headed towards you. What do I do?" The guard who I assume was working that border says. I think for a moment before replying,

"Let them come." It’s time we figure out what these people are playing at. I turn to Reece who gave me a questioning look.  "It seems as though we have a visitor. Roy has decided to make an appearance. Make Clark aware of the situation." He nods.

I run up to Connor and drag him away from whoever he was conversing with.

"Notify EVERY guard that we have a breach in security, even the ones who already know. Do not tell the civilians. I do not need people in a panic. Select a group of non-fighting males to lead the women and children inside if a fight comes. Now. And if you see Josh or Sasha, tell them I need them." Connor runs off to do what I asked.

I guess I didn't need Connor to find Sasha because Sasha walks on stage and takes the microphone. She finds me in the crowd and beams at me. I see the secretive look that her smile holds though. She knows what's going on but is holding it together because she feels she needs to be strong. One of the reasons why I love her.

"Alpha Teagan, why don't you come on stage so we can sing happy birthday and cut the cake? We can do presents after that," she chirps. I look past her and I see why she wants me up there. Clark, Reece, Connor, Josh and a few other fighters are on stage. She wants me to have protection. Roy must be closer than I thought.

I make my way on stage and go stand beside Reece. His arm immediately snakes around my waist. I'm not complaining because I could use the comfort. Sasha goes to say something but freezes when a voice starts singing.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." My head whips in the direction of the audience and my eyes zero in on Roy who is standing just at the out skirts of the yard. "Happy birthday Alpha Teagan. Happy birthday to you." By the time he's done all his men flanking him have joined in.

I growl and immediately the crowd parts so Roy is in my direct line of path and the people on stage move to flank me.

"Well, it was nice of you to drop by and send me your birthday wishes, but I suggest you leave before I rip your throat out." I spit venomously.

"Ouch." Roy says, feigning hurt. "Don't you think that's a little harsh for an old friend?"

"When you’re threatening my pack, you're no friend of mine. Now what do you want?" Roy sighs.

"Alright, it's business as usual with you, I guess." Roy motions to a person flanking him to the right, and he steps forward. There's something in his arms. I can't see what it is, but then Mrs. Simmons gasps and runs forward out of the crowd, screaming at the top of her lungs. A guard grabs her and restrains her.

Suddenly a collective gasp runs through the crowd and when I squint I can finally see what the man is holding in his arms, a body.

It's Mikey. And he's barely breathing.

***************************

Wooaahhh. Who saw that coming???

....Sometimes I wonder why I talk down here. I have 6 followers and 3 of them go to my school (x lol no one comments, or fans. So who am I really talking to??

Anywhore, if you see this, you should vote, fan and comment for me! Please?? Thanks :D