Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Caroline's POV*

"Hey." I say to Bonnie as she's walking out on her porch.

"Hey." She replies.

"I totally just lucked out. The hospital just had a blood drive, so I got some..." I pause as I put the cooler down and open it. "...O negatives, some A's and my personal favourite, B positive." I smile at her.

"Ya. I made her a daylight ring. She's been standing out there all morning. I don't think she's taking I very well." Bonnie says staring off at Abby in the garden.

"Well, it's only been a few days since she turned. Your moms still adjusting. Where's Kol anyway?" I ask.

"He went home, he didn't want to but I told him he needed to shower and change his clothes because he was starting to smell bad." She says while cracking a smile.

"I'm happy for you, you guys are good for each other. He makes you smile and you make him more serious. It's a perfect match." I tell her.

She just blushes and starts walking over to where Abby is. "Miss.Wilson? Why don't you come inside? You know, have something to drink." I ask her politely. If my moms taught me anything, it's to be nice no matter what.

"I can't feel it anymore, my garden. It's gone. I can't feel anything." I frown as she walks away.

"I don't understand." I tell Bonnie.

"Witches have a connection to the Earth. We can literally feel nature, life." Bonnie pauses as she bends down to cups a plant in her hands and starts quietly chanting in Latin. The flower slowly starts to bloom and become beautiful. "When Abby became a Vampire she lost it." My smile slowly fades as she stands up and sighs. "I don't know how to help her." She confesses.

~~~

"Haven't seen you up at the house." I tell Jamie as I see him chopping some firewood. "Abby's been asking for you."

"I've been pretty busy." He says while he moves his price of wood around. "Hey, hey! Stay away from me." He yells at me, picking up his axe and aiming it at me.

"Easy I was just going to help you carry the firewood up." I defend myself.

"I'd listen to her mate. I don't think you want to be on the relieving side of her boyfriends wrath if you kill her." Kol says to Jamie coming out of nowhere.

I scoff and ignore Kol. "You're scared of her."

"She's a vampire." He says as if it's the easiest thing in the world to understand.

"She needs to feel connected to the people she loves. She needs to feel normal right now-" I get cut off by Jamie.

"She's not normal. None of this is normal."

"Well Abby didn't choose this. This was forced on her. She could have let herself die, but she didn't. She's trying to make this work so haw can be there for you and for Bonnie, so-" I get cut off once again but this time by my phone. "So just get over yourself."

"Hey what's going on?" I ask as I wander my phone.

I faintly hear Kol telling Jamie off but I know he won't do anything because that would hurt Bonnie.

"Bonnie's not returning any of my calls." I hear Elena reply.

"Sorry she's still mad and seriously, Abby's transition has been a little rough, so she's got a lot on her mind." I tell her.