Chapter 16

Chapter 16

*Melanie's POV*

"Nik." I yell as I rush into the house. I just got back from Jeremy's after they explained everything to me.

"What?" He says coming down the stairs.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask on the bridge of tears.

"Mel? What's wrong sweetheart?" He asks coming up to me.

I sniff and ask again, "Can we talk?"

"Of course." He says leading me up to his study. We sit down on his couch when asks me "What's happened?"

"It's Jeremy. He and Alaric have this rings that lets them cheat death, but now Alaric's killing all these founders because the ring has like some weird voodoo stuff going on and it may affect Jeremy." I explain to him in a rush trying to not cry.

"Alaric's the one killing everyone?" He asks. I just nod my head in confirmation scared that if I talk I'll start crying. "What's really bothering you sweetheart?" He asks rubbing my back.

I take a deep breath before saying "Jer's only human, he can be killed by so many things and the ring made me realize how easily he can be taken away from me. Nik I can't live without him, I can't." I sob into his chest.

"You want to turn him." He says coming to the realization. I just nod. "Have you asked him yet?"

I shake my head no. "But if he says yes we need to tell Elena about it, she's his sister and no matter how much I dislike her she deserves to know if her brother going to be turned into a vampire."

"Why'd you come to me then if you have everything figured out?" He asks confused.

"I just needed some reassurance that this is the right thing to do. I know you'd do the same if it were Caroline." I say looking up at him.

At the mention of Caroline he gets a distant look on his face. "I'd do anything for her, even if she wanted me to leave her alone for the rest of eternity, I'd do it for I love her to much to bring her pain." Nik says sadly.

"She wouldn't ask you to leave her. She loves you to much to do that." I reassure him knowing he doesn't quite believe that Caroline loves him, he thinks she's playing him but he doesn't have the heart to ask.

He sighs and hugs me a bit tighter to his chest. "How is Jeremy dealing with this?"

I sigh and run my hand down my face. "He's freaked out, he doesn't know what to do." I confess. "I should actually be getting back there now, he needs me." I say getting up.

"If you ever need me I'm here Mel. Forever and always." He says getting up and hugging me.

"Forever and always." I mumble into his chest.

~~~

As I go over to Jer's house i see that no one is home but him. Perfect time to ask him about the transition.

As i go to knock on the door it opens and reveals a smiling but worried looking Jeremy, how you can be smiling but have a worried look on your face at the same time I do not know. "Hey I saw you standing out here and you weren't knocking so I came, everything ok?" He asks.

I smile and reply "Everything's ok don't worry." I kiss him on the cheek as a greeting. "So what do you want to do?" I ask after I step inside and took my coat off.

"We can cook dinner and watch a movie?" He asks.

"Sure sounds great." I smile at him and follow him into the kitchen.