Chapter 2

Melanie's POV

This is weird. I do a whole 360 and still dont see anyone else but me. So i say the first words I've spoken in 20 years "Me?".

"Yes you. Who else would I be talking to?" He replies.

"Y-y-you can see me?" I stutter out.

"Of course I can why else wouldn't I be able to?" He replies confused.

Ok now this most definitely is confusing. "I'm Melanie." I say trying not to sound like a retard.

"Why'd you ask if I could see you? You obviously know about the supernatural if you asked." He says. I guess he knows about vampires and that stuff if he lives with Elena.

"I'm dead." Is all I manage to say.

"What?" Ok now he seems confused.

"Do you want to sit dow and I'll explain?" I ask trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Sure, by the way I'm Jeremy." He finally introduces himself.

~~~

"Here." He pulls out a chair for me and sits down at the kitchen table. "So your brother Klaus, the guy trying to kill my sister, daggered you and you've been following him for 20 years but no one can see you?" He ask the thing I've been explaining to him for the past hour.

"Pretty much Ya".

"But why can I see you?"

"I'm not quiet-" Shit this is awkward. "Uhm, well I'm an original right? The original witch, our mom the one who made us vampires, she made us all soul mates. It's said that the youngest would find hers first and then after that all the others would find theirs. They can't find there's without the youngest finding hers first though. But the twist to it was for the youngest to find theirs, they would be dead and their soul mate would be able to see them." I say trying to explain the fact that he's my soul mate.

"Wait...so I'm your soul mate? A-and your mine?" He ask hesitantly.

"Uhm, I think?"

"Well..."

"We don't have to do anything if you want. I mean we don't have to-"

"No no, it's just surprising you know? First finding some random girl in your house, then her being a dead original and then find out she's your soul mate? Just a bit surprising." He chuckles at the end.

"Ya I guess. I'm sorry you have to deal with this." I say casting my gaze down kind of embarrassed that I didnt't remember about the soul mate thing till now.

"Hey no it's ok, it's probably weird not being able to talk to someone for awhile and then suddenly talking to someone." He says and right now he is actually being so sweet. I wonder if he's always this sweet.

"Hey Jeremy, can you not tell anyone about seeing me? I want to surprise Nik when I come back about finding my soul mate." I say with so much hope in my voice.

"Ya that's fine, but how do you know that your going to be undaggered soon?" He ask sounding scared almost. Why is he scared?

"It's part of the soul mate thing, the youngest will meet their soul mate then will be undaggered along with the family." I said quiet happy.