Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Melanie's POV

Yesterday didn't go to well. When Elena barged in to Jer's room he flipped.

"What the hell is going on with you and the Originals?" She then quickly goes wide eyed at the sight of me.

"What the hell Elena? Why would you just barge into my room?" Jer says annoyed.

"I barged in here because you've been hanging out with her! What's she done huh? Did she compel you?" She goes up to Jer and picks his face up, luring it side to side to see if he looks the same. "When's the last time you took your vervain?"

Jer bats her hand away and stands up. "You know I take my vervain, just like you know why I'm hanging out with Mel. Esther's probably told you all about it. Now I know you don't want me dating her Elena, but she's my soul mate, do you know what that means? It means we were destined to be together." He pauses to wrap his arms around me. "Not like how you think you and Stefan are, or is it Damon? Who can keep track anymore really. But me and Mel are meant to be together. You can either accept that or get out of my room." Elena just angrily stomps out of the room.

I turn to Jer and wrap my arms around his waist. "Since when were we dating?" I ask playfully, while inside I'm mentally dying over what he said. He didn't hesitate once which shows that he truly believes in us. It means he does want to be with me almost as much as I want to be with him.

Right now I'm over at Bonnie's helping her with her mom while Kol feeds and Caroline gets to spend some time with Nik.

"Bonnie do you like milk in your tea?" I call out to her.

"Yes please." She whispers back.

She's barley said anything since Kol's been gone. I think she just needs to take some time to think so I've been helping out quietly. Her moms decided to complete the transition. Caroline, Kol and I have offered to help Abbey with her control and stuff.

As I bring Bonnie her tea I see that her phones going off so I go and answer it not bothering to check the ID cause I assume it's Kol.

"Hello."

"Melanie? Why do you have Bonnie's phone?" Elena's voice answers back.

I groan and say "Bonnie doesn't want to talk to you. Go bother someone else." And then I hang up.

As I hang up I hear the door open and close, I turn to see Kol walk into the room. I smile lightly at him and leave the house as Kol goes and sits beside Bonnie grabbing her hand.

~~~

I ring the front door waiting for someone to answer it. When Jer opens the door I smile and say "Hello boyfriend."

He just smiles and picks me up in a hug spinning me around. "Mel. Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I wanted to make it a surprise. Plus I have another one." I smile widely at him.

"What did you do this time?" He asks.

I just give him a smile and pull him up to his room. "I'm here to take your mind off of Alaric so I brought DVD's."

I'm cut off by Jer asking "What do you mean Alaric?"

"Elena didn't tell you." I ask.

"Tell me what?" He asks confused.

"That bitch." I mumble under my breath. I throw the DVD's on the bed and run my hand down my face. "Alaric was put in jail for the stabbing of the council members. He's being questioned right now." I tell him.

"And Elena knew?" He asked not looking at me.

"Ya." I say.

"How long have you known for?" He ask while clenching his teeth.

"For awhile, once I found out I went to the store and got some movies I thought you knew already." I say defensively.

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" He ask looking at me furiously.

"I thought you knew. I didn't just wanna call you and be like did you hear? That would be bad and make me look like I'm a gossiping little bitch which I'm not."

"No you know what your right. You don't know what it's like to have a real family that loves you, you wouldn't understand." He yells back.

I smack him in the face, pick up my things and leave.

He doesn't even follow me.

~~~

I've been at home now for awhile crying.

I don't even know what's happening with everyone else.

I hear someone come up to my door and knock on it asking "Melanie, can I come in?" Caroline.

I groan and flip over in bed. She comes in and sits beside me.

"Melanie what's wrong."

"Me and Jeremy got in our first fight." I tell her as tears start to brim my eyes.

"What happened?" She asked while striking my hair.

"I went over to comfort him about Alaric and he didn't know about it so he blew up on me. Told me I didn't know what it felt like to have a real family. I got mad and stormed out." I tell her cutting the truth a little bit.

Caroline pauses in stroking my hair and asks "You only stormed out? If Nik did that I'd slap him for sure. Or maybe worse, it's not like he could really get hurt." She says thinking about it.

I laugh a bit and say "You'd hurt his feelings though. He's in love with you." I look up at her and see her smiling at the wall. She's wipped. I sigh and look away. "I may have slapped him in the face before I left." I tell her.

"That's ok Mel. He's going through some stuff, first with Elena hurting him, then Alaric being in prison it's just a lot for him. He'll realize what he did and then he'll come back. I know he will." She smiles at me reassuringly.

"I guess, what's everyone doing?" I ask her.

"Kol's with Bonnie, me and Nik are hanging out and Rebekah is going to go to the grill to find out more on the White Oak tree. You can hang out with me and Nik if you want?" Caroline asks.

"It's ok I think I'm going to go with Rebekah to the Grill. Have fun with Nik though." I smile getting up and heading to the door. Just before I leave though I turn around and tell her "You'd be a really good mother Caroline, it sucks that you can't be one." Her head snaps to me quickly and looks at me. I wave before going to find Bekah.

~~~

Me and Bekah go and meet Mayor Lockwood at the grill.

"Thanks for meeting with us Mayor." I tell her as we're sitting down.

"I figured as head of the society you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community." Rebekah adds.

"A long line of Lockwood women used to keep those records, back before any of them actually had jobs." She replies.

"I've been to the founders archive, but I can't seem to find any record of the tree I'm looking for." Bekah tells her. Bekah went to the archive? How long was I in my room for?

"It probably got cut down. Big old trees built half this town in the 1900's."

I see the Salvatores walking by and Rebekah eye Damon, isn't Matt her soul mate?

"Do you know who kept the milling ledgers during that time?" I ask.

"Back then all the Logging Mills were owned by the Salvatores." Mayor Lockwood replies.

I look over to the bar and quietly curse. How the hell are we going to get them. I then have an idea. Caroline.

I turn to thank the Mayor and see Rebekah's gone somewhere. I turn back around and there she is with the Salvatores. Damn it, what the hell is she doing?