Chapter 5

**Stella's POV**

I stared at myself in the mirror straightening the beige dress I was wearing.

Tonight, Deborah, Hunter's mother, invited us for dinner with the other family members, so they could meet Jason.

I was about to say no, until I realize that it wasn't about me.

Deborah has always been so good to me, anyways. She kept defending me when Hunter kicked me out. She was defending me along with Cathy, Hunter's sister.

I just couldn't keep talking to them. I don't know why. So I stopped taking their calls and changed my number. Now I will have to see them tonight and I don't know what I will say to them.

It's been three days since we told Jason the truth. Hunter came twice and calls him everyday.

Jason seems so happy. Really happy.

"Mommy!" Jason yelled for the hundreth time.

And impatient.

I sighed grabbing my purse and walked out to see him. For once he wore what I chose for him.
Black jeans and a grey button up shirt. I smiled at him as he ran up to me and took my hand.

"Mommy! Is grandma going to love me?" He asked while we walked to the car and I smiled at him.

I helped him in the car.

"Of course. She is really excited to meet you. Who wouldn't be?" I said hugging him before helping him fasten his seatbelt.

****

As soon as I parked the car in front of Deborah's house, I looked back at Jason who looked at the house for a moment before looking at .

"It's here?" He asked as I unfastened my seatbelt.

"Yes." I said getting out of the car and walking to his side.

Once I helped him out, I took Jason's hand in mine and we walked to the front door and knocked.
Jason immediately went to hide behind my legs.

Oh wow! So my son does get nervous after all.

The door opened to a smiling Deborah.

"Stella." She gasped and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I smiled lightly and hugged back.
"Honey I missed you so much". She pulled away as I could see tears dropping from her eyes. "I'm sorry. It's just been so long. We tried to look for you."

"It's nice to see you too." I smiled giving her hand a light squeeze.

"You look gorgeous. How have you been doing?" She said wiping her tears.

"Great thank you." I said smiling as I felt Jason's grip on my leg tighten.

Deborah's eyes moved toward him and her smile widened.

"You must be Jason." She said smiling as Jason nodded shyly holding my dress tighter.
"I'm Deborah your grandma". She said and her voice shook a little as she was about to cry.

She looked at me before going down to his level.

"Can I get a hug?". She asked sweetly. Jason looked at me. When I nodded he smiled shyly and walked slowly into her arms as she picked him up and hugged him tightly. "I have a grandson." She sighed. "My first and only one." She pulled away and kissed his cheek.
"What a handsome young man you are."