Chapter Eight-Hue's Proposition

"What do you want to talk about Hue?" I ask.

"The alliance." I wait. "Your the Alpha of the largest and strongest Pack known. I'm the alpha of a small town pack, that you could destroy easily. And I have a feeling other packs will come to take you down and take over your territory and pack, and they might even try to kill my pack."

"You want to keep the Alliance strong so that we can protect each other?"

"Not exactly.." He trails off. I wait. "Roxy, your the most beautiful and strongest wolf I know. Your smart and talented and will do anything you can to protect your pack." I raise one of my eyesbrows, waiting. "I know you must hate me cause of my tormenting you when we were little, but I want you to know-"

"If you say you did that cause you liked me and didn't know how to tell me, then you can leave now." I say plainly.

"No, no that's not it. I thought you were just a kid and helpless. Plus my little sister's best friend. But the reason I used to torment you was beacuase our parents, they agreed to have us become mates. I wanted to get you so you would be strong enough to make your own choice." I frown.

"Is that the best lie you have?"

He smiles and chuckles.

"I was hoping you would believe that." He says. "Fine, I did like you. When you left it crushed me that it was my fault that you left. I wanted to go hunt you down and bring you back. Roxy, I knew you were strong and would be a great wolf. I wanted you as my mate."

I stand up, placing my hands on my desk. I look at him and frown.

"Hue, I will keep the alliance strong between our packs. I respect home enough to keep it safe. But I don't need or want a mate. Especially you Hue. You tormented me my whole life."

Half of my ponytail fall in my face and I leave it. I stare at him, knowing my eyes are yellow. He doesn't move.

"Now leave." I say.

He doesn't move. I frown deep.

"I said leave."

"Fine. I'm staying in the city for the night." He gets up and leaves.

"You like him." I look at Natalya.

"No I don't." I blush and let my hair cover it.

"Your just angry that he made you feel weak when you were young. You need to accept that if it weren't for him, the last four years wouldn't have happened."

I look down.

"Go celebrate, I'm gonna stay in here and find some places for everyone." She nods and leaves.

I sit there and think.

Hue and me? Together? That's impossible. I mean, I could be related to Jillian, but I couldn't be with Hue. He's a jerk! Even if he filled out really good after four years. I couldn't be with him...could I?