Chapter Five-The New Moon Pack and the Town Pack

I sat on the roof of my parents house, Jillian beside me. I was waiting for Natalya to call me back so I could tell everyone what was going on. Jillian knew to stay queit, that I was thinking. I still had the clothes on that I had wore during the fight and I haven't washed the blood off my face yet. I knew it made Jillian akward around me, and worried my mom. Hue and some of his pack members disgarded the body, and waited for me to tell him what's going on.

I look out towards the city, wondering what Kevin has planned for my hometown. Whatever it is, it's not going to happen. I won't let him.

My phone rings and I answer.

"Natalya?"

"Ah, your voice is even more charming over the phone young Roxy Newmoon." I growl.

"How did you get this number Kevin?"

"Let's just say a little wolf gave it to me." I hear the sneer on his voice.

"What do you want?"

"I heard you were out of town, I just wanted to make sure I didn't scare the big bad Alpha of the New Moons away."

"I'm not scared of you. I came by invitation of another pack that your attacking." I tell him. Jillian looks up at me.

"Another pack you say?" I hear a gruff voice whispering to him. "Ah, I see. Thank you Nathaniel." I hear the cruel smile on his face. "You killed one of my wolves, Roxy Newmoon. In that little town with the little pack of hopeless wolves." I frown.

"What do you want with them? They asked me to come down here, so I did."

"Without Natalya?"

"They offered peace, and I figured I could take them. After all, I took on four of your best fighters all alone did I not?" I hear his low growl, and I can just see his eyes flashing. I stand up. "I know what your planning Kevin. You want to add their territory to yours to make up for the territory I've taken from you. You don't care about the pack, you'll most likely kill any, if not all, of them. You'll keep the humans and soon to be wolves alive of course. That's just how you are. You'll have the new wolves trained as they changed so they're like your pack. Killers. You'll make the humans your slaves or even make them pay you. But let me tell you about this town. I've only been here for a day, and I can already tell you it's stronger than you think. The pack won't give up so easily, and they'll fight to the death."

"You speak as if you know them personally, young Roxy Newmoon."

"I don't. But I know you, and I recognize kindred spirits of mine. I won't go out without a fight just like them. Now you had better delete this number from your memory and phone, cause it won't exist anymore after this."

"Oh, Roxy. You are so determined, I love that about you. My offer stands for you to be my mate."

"And my answer is still no. Good-bye Kevin."

"Until we meet again, Roxy."

I hang up and nearly crush my phone. I growl.

"Are you okay, Roxy?" I look at Jillian.

"I'm fine." I growl as I dial Natalya's number. "Listen, I need Jynx's group here now. Make her bring Poe and his group too. Tell Killer to keep someone on patrol and have everyone stay close to the Blue Moon bar. I know we usually talk bout making alliances together, but the Town Pack needs us and I'm not letting Kevin get ahold of them."

"Of course, Roxy. I'll send them right away."

"Good." I hang up and look at Jillian. "Take me to your brother, I need to talk to him about the alliance now." She nods and looks at my clothes and the blood one more time. "There's no time to change, I need to talk to him now!" I snap at her.

She looks hurt, but I can't take it back now, she leads me through town to a newly built building. A house by the look of it. The yard was taken care, and there was a small veggie garden growing. The door was green, the house itself was white. Jillian opened the door and walked right in.

"Hue." She yells, and his head pops around the corner, followed by his body.

"So what is it? Are you helping us?" He asks.

"I have two groups from my pack coming here. They're going to help keep up a perimeter and keep everyone safe. I'm going back to the city-"

"What?" Jillian frowns as Hue asks.

"I need to. He hurt one of my wolves, I can feel it. He had my number and only my pack knows it." I clench my fists. "I'm going to challenge him to a fight. No tricks, just me and him." I say.

"That's crazy! You won't win." I look at Hue.

"He may be stronger than me, but I'm faster and more experienced at fighting." Hue looks confused.

"How do you know that?"

"When I was at his place for dinner before I came here, he smelled to clean. He had a faint smell of blood. You can tell by the strong smell of blood on a wolf how experienced and how many fights they've been in and how many kills. You didn't know that? That's how most of the rouges in the city know when to back down or not. Like you, Hue. You smell of battle. Not many kills, just wounding. Jillian smells too fresh, like she's never fought before. Me, well if you smell me, I can't even wear perfume around a wolf cause of the blood smell on my skin."

"I never knew that.." Hue says. I nod.

"Well, it's true. And just so you know, you best learn that trick so if your attacked you can know your odds."

I turn and walk out of the house. Hue follows me.

"Won't you stay?" I look at him. "Come back at least?"

"Hue, I have to go. I have to fight Kevin. It's the only way my pack and yours will be safe. Jynx and Poe are on their way, once they're here, I'm leaving." I turn and walk back to my parents house. 

I go in my room and pull out my best fighting outfit. Black shorts like my ruined tan ones, a black shirt that hangs off my shoulders and has a low neckline. I pick the shoes I wore when I left home four years ago up, and grab the small knife I keep with me at all times. I clean my face and body of blood before I redo my make up so my eyes are hidden in smokey make up, I leave my cheeks bare as usual, and put killer red lipstick on. I put my hair up in a ponytail and pull my clothes on as theres a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"It's me."

"I know." Hue comes in. "Your foot steps are uneven. Your right limps slightly and slides on the floor. Your left is sure and quick."

"You've grown so much. Your not helpless anymore."

"No, I'm not. And I never will be."

"I want to come with you." I look at him.

"No." I say simply.

"Why? You could die."

"I could die anyday. But the thing is Hue, I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid for my pack if I die. Now I know that's not why your here."

"Your pack members are here."

I nod and follow him out to the town square where Jynx and Poe stand with their smaller packs inside my own pack. I hug Jynx and shake Poe's hand.

"Killer was mad that you left him there." Jynx said.

"I need him for an assualt on the Moonlights' Penthouse." Jynx's eyes widen.

"Yo, Roxy, you really gonna fight Kevin?" Poe asks.

"Yea. It's time I ended this war." I look at Hue. "This is Hue Frinkle, the Alpha of the Town Pack. Your going to listen to him and protect this town. Okay?" I look at them.

"Yea. Of course miss Alpha." Poe says. I  smile and look at Hue.

"Be good to my pack. Or I'll come kick your ass, alliance or not."

I turn and start walking the three and a half miles to the city. My goal being to kill Kevin.

"I always acheive my goals, Kevin." I whisper to myself. "Always."