Chapter Three-Home and Hue

I started walking two hours before noon so I could stop and eat every mile if I needed. Even then, I got there with half an hour to spare. I stayed outside the boundries of the Town Pack's territories so they didn't know I was there yet. I watched from a tree as everyone lived they're lives. Finally, ten minutes before noon I called Jillian.

"Hey. I'm here."

"Cool! Where are you?"

"I'm right outside the territory in the old oak we used to play in."

"Sweet, I'll be there in five." We hung up. I pulled my long hair back in a pony tail and sit in the branch we used to climb too, and waited.

I hear her coming when she's about to cross the territory. I look over and see her before she sees me. I wait till she's right under me. I take twenty year old Jillian in.

Her skin is a pale tan, and her hair is a darker blond than I remember, but just as short. Her eyes are still bright blue like mine are a dark shade of brown that almost looks black. She's shorter than me, but still skinny and full of curves. I smile and jump down and land on her shoulders perfectly. I smile and cover her eyes. She wears no make up, simple jeans and a red short sleeve shirt.

"Hey Jill." She smiles big.

"Roxy, it's good to hear your voice and fell your but on my neck." We laugh and I jump down. She turns and takes me in.

I wore tan shorts that cut and inch under my butt to show off my legs, a green tee that clings to my curves and shows off my arms. I kept my eye make up smokey, but not like when I was in Kevin's penthouse. My lips wear no lipstick, and my cheeks are bear as well. She takes me in and her jaw drops.

"Wow, Rox. You've changed a lot from my sixteen year old freind." I smile.

"Thank you. The city changes a girl. Blending you know." She nods.

"So you ready to come home for...?" She waits.

"A week. I'm leaving on my birthday. I promised my beta, Natalya." She smiles.

"I keep forgetting your an Alpha now." We put our arms round each others shoulders and head into the Town Pack's territory.

"Jillian!" She stops and bows her head, her short hair falling in her face. I look up at the voice. A young man, a wolf from the way he walks, is standing there. "Why are you leading a rouge into OUR territory!?" He snaps. I frown and step in front of Jillian slightly.

"This 'rouge' happens to be the Alpha of the New Moon Pack." He stops and glairs at me.

"What do you want? We have nothing to do with your fight with the Moonlight Pack."

"No, you don't. But I thought coming home a week before my birthday would be a nice surprise for my parents and best friend." I glare back, my eyes going wolf yellow, and my claws extending slightly.

"Roxy, stop. It's Hue."

I bare my teeth and let a low growl out at his name. I look him over and see the similarities of Jillian and the young man. I compare my memory of the eighteen year old Hue that tormented me, and this Hue. He must be twenty-two now.

"Roxy?" Hue says, then he laughs. "Well son-of-a-bitch! She isn't dead." I glare, deciding to stop embarrassing myself by baring my teeth. "But wait, little helpless Roxy is the Alpha of the New Moon's?" He laughs again. I frown.

"You better watch it, I've come home as a visitor, but if you piss me off Hue, I will kick your ass and bring my pack down here to take over the territory." I threaten. He frowns and stands his ground.

"Fine. But only for the saftey of my home and the people I love." He looks at Jillian. "You knew she was coming, but you didn't tell anyone. How stupid can you be Jillian?" I frown.

"Leave her be, or I'll kick your ass right here without my pack or yours present." He laughs.

"Bring it. Your not the only Alpha."

His claws extend, and the hair on his arms grows slightly. My claws extend in response, and my ears grow slighty. I crack my neck as my hair shortens, and my fur grows in. I watch him shift the same time I do, only I finish before him and growl. I shake my clotehs off and circle him when he finishes. We circle each other growling and baring our teeth.

"Not bad for a Alpha Female." He says.

"Not bad for a small town wolf." I say. He growls.

I jump out of the way as he jumps at me. I smile when I remmeber how slow Hue always was compared to me. Jillian stands there, watching her best friend, and her brother circle. I wasn't going to let him touch me, and I sure as hell wasn't going to give the first hit. I'd only hit him in self defense.

"Why are you back anyway? Revenge?"

"I was homesick. Even big Alphas like myself want to see her folks every now and again. Plus I knew you and your goon squad would mess with Jillian while I was gone. I had to stop you."

"I would never torment my sister like we did to you. She's my Beta after all."

"Ah, so you do admit it! You tormented me! You pushed me to leave home, but if it weren't for you Hue, I'd never be a big bad Alpha like I am."

We jump at the same time, only I dodge his attack at my hind legs. I smile at him and he growls in response. My ears perk up as I hear other feet come towards us.

"Your lucky that's my dad or I'd kick your ass right here."

"Looks like you were trying to get a bite of it from that last jump."

He snatches his clothes and heads behind a tree and shifts back. I hide behind another tree as I shift and slip my clothes on. I walk back out and face Jillian's dad, Jillian, Hue, and my own parents.

"Roxy?" My mom says, shocked.

"Hey mom." I smile at her, and she runs up and hugs me. Dad looks at me, then walks over and joins the hug. I hug them both back and pul away. "Hi dad. It's good seeing you guys." I look at Jillian's dad. "You to Mr. Frinkle." I bow my head in respect.

"We were worried sick about you." Mom says.

"I know. But i had to go. I had to prove to myself I was strong enough to protect the people I love." I say. Mom has tears in her eyes, dad just looks at me. Jillian is smiling at me, but Mr. Frinkle and Hue just frown.

"Why don't we go to your home Mr. and Mrs. Rogers?" Mr. Frinkle asks.

"Of couse." Mom ansewrs. "We can talk there." Her eyes dart around the forest, then she leads us all to my childhood home.

"It's good to be home." I whisper to Jillian. She smies at me.

"It's good to have you." She whispers back.