Chapter Four-Being Home and Trouble

The house that I called home for almost seveteen years hasn't changed much. The front room where I saw between mom and Jillian, across from Mr. Frinkle and Hue, and diagonal from dad, still had nature pictures on wallpaper that had bass and other fishing stuff on it. There's a few pictures of me, mom, and dad when I was a baby and a kid. But after I hit thirteen, I wasn't much for pictures for my parents. There's some with just my parents, some with just me, me and Jillian, me with other friends, and so on.

The small bathroom down the hall, between this room and the kitchen, has the same seashell theme it had when I was six. The kitchen was still done in light colors, and antiques. I still don't know how my mom got that combo to work, but she did. Dad's office is still done like an actual office in the city. Tans, blacks, whites, leather and paper work. The only difference is the computer turned into a laptop.

Mom and dad's bedroom changed alittle as mom got a bit older, she made it look more modern than the homey country feeling it had before. The guest room was always changing themes, but now it looks like a modern single man threw up in it with the leather and dark modern colors. I liked it though.

My room was the same as I left to the dirty socks on my floor.

Mom herself hasn't changed much. Her hair has some grey in the dark color that used to match mine. She wears jeans, and T-shirts still that have "cleaver" mom sayings, and her cooking apron. Dad hasn't changed other than the greying of his hair, and the thining of it. He still wears T-shirts and jeans. Mr. Frinkle looks the oldest though, even though dad's older than him. He has wrinkles, his hair is balding, and he wears older men's clothes.

Hue changed too. His hair is still blonde like I remember, but it's spikey now instead of a bed-head he used to have. He wears clothes that actually look somewhat decent on him instead of those hand-me-downs. He watches me carefully, ready to attack at any moment.

"So.." My mother sounds akward havin her almost twenty-one year old daughter home after four years of silence. "Why don't you tell us about your life Roxy." I nod.

"Well, it took me a year to get my pack started running like it does now."

"That's right, you said you were the Alpha of the..."

"The New Moons mom. I changed my last name so people couldn't trace me back to you and hurt you. I'm Roxy Newmoon now." Dad frowns. "But yea. My Beta, Natalya, really started the pack after she found me. But she said since it was my idea that attracted her, I should be Alpha and she my Beta."

"Hey Rox, why don't you tell your parents how many you have in your pack." I sit there and think.

"Well, it varies between over five hundred, to six hundred last we took roll call. We do that every New Moon. Some of the Rouges that join us decide they like being alone more soemtimes, but stay in touch in case they get in some trouble or something. I'm always there for them in case they need me. Once a New Moon, always a New Moon." Hue rolls his eyes.

"That's nice sweet heart." Mom says. I frown.

"We're actually about to run the Moonlights out of the city." I say. "They cause real trouble in the city, and we're tired of it. Plus, Kevin is a sleezeball."

"Looks like little Roxy finally found her talent." I glare at Hue. "What? You tell people what to do. But there's more than that when it comes to being-"

"Hue, how long have you been an Alpha?"

"It'll be one year this full moon." I nod.

"Ah, well I've been an Alpha for three years. I have sacrificed a lot to keep my pack safe. I sat through a dinner with sleezeball Kevin so my pack could run around without worry during the full moon last night, and to have him ask me to be his mate so he could control my pack. Do you know how he treats his pack other than the top few that worked they're way?" Hue stays silent. "He rapes the women he deems worthy to be in his presence, and he beats the men if they misbehave! He lives in this Penthouse all alone other than when he has a woman there!"