Chapter Nine-The Choice

I went home pretty early from the party, Natalya had been worried about me, but I told her I was fine. She nodded, told me to call her if I needed her then went back over to Jynx and Poe who had come with Hue I guess.

The hotel suite seemed empty without Natalya or one of the other wolves there in case Kevin had decided to attack me, but then agian, I don't need them now that Kevin and his Beta were dead.

I had taken a long shower, washing off all of Kevin's blood and smell. I looked in the foggy mirror and watched my face reappear. My human face looked so normal without the smokey make up around my eyes. I touched my face then looked at my body. It was the body of a preditor, an Alpha, of a girl all alone.

"I don't need a male Alpha to take over my pack and decide everything for them. If we become mates then our packs will cmbine and I'll be like Mrs. Frinkle." I frown. "I won't be like her. I won't mate with him."

I pull my favorite sports bra out and put it on, then grab so comfy panties and shorts. I lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling.

"I have to do what's best for my pack. Not for me." I remind myself. "But is Hue best for the pack?"

I open my eyes as the phone rings. I sit up and reach over and pick it up.

"Hello?"

I sound groggy to myself, and abit rough. I clear my throat and lick my lips.

'Must have fallen asleep.'

"Hello?" I ask again.

The line goes dead. I frown then hang up and go over to the window and look out. The phone rings again, I pick up.

"Okay, whoever the hell this is, speak or stop calling! I'm in no mood for games." I keep a growl back.

"Sorry, Rox. The phone was being weird when I called last time." Hue.

"What do you want Hue? I told you my answer."

"Roxy, I like you. A lot. I think your incredibly smart and strong, and you do whatever is best for your pack no matter what. I know the tradition of Alpha mates says that the male is the real Alpha of the pack, and I realized you wouldn't hand over your packs saftey and what's best for them and everything, but what if we keep the packs sepreate? The Town Pack and the New Moons don't have to join like the tradition says."

I sit there, shocked at what he's proposed. I frown then, getting into Alpha mood.

"Hue," I say slowly. "that's a great idea. But you don't get it. Weather we would want it or not, the packs would mend together. And you'd still be able to control my pack more than me."

"Roxy, plea-"

"I'm sorry Hue, but no."

I hang up and disconnect the phone. He doesn't have my cell, so I'm good on that. I lay there.

'Damnit! i was thinking about what was best for me not them! I could be the worst Alpha ever at times. I'll ask them what they think I should do. What they think is best for them.'

I call Natalya up.

"Hey, everyone still there?"

'Glad werewolves can't get drunk.'

"Yes."

"Good. I'm on my way back. I need to ask everyone a question."

I hang up and get up, I slip the clothes I had on before and then went outside and walked to the Blue Moon Bar. I went in and got greeted like I was famous again. I smile and return hugs. I make my way to the stage and jump up. Everyone cheers for me. I smile and wait till they stop.

"Listen up! I have a big choice for everyone. The Town Pack's Alpha, that's the pack we made an alliance with, has asked me to be his mate." People frown, but stay quite. "Now if I become his mate, he said the packs will not have to mend, and I can still have all the decisions for the New Moons. Now, I can't decide if it would be better for us or not." They all start talking. "So, if you think I should, please say so. If not, then please stay silent."

The room goes completly silent for a second, and I wait. They all look around at the others, thinking. I let them, just waiting. Natalya looks at me, then steps onto stage.

"I think it would be an honor to have the Alpha of the Town Pack to be your mate, and our male alpha." Everyone nods and starts to agree vocally. "Roxy, there is a way for Alpha mates to be part of two different packs, and lead the two different packs. Just do not mend the packs and he can not command us like you can. We will not follow him and be loyal to him like we are to him, and his pack will do the same."

I look at Natalya then at the pack.

"Do you all agree? Do you want me to mate with Hue, the Alpha of the Town Pack?" I ask. Everyone cheers. "Then, as your Alpha, I will do what's best for our pack and mate with Hue."

I keep my frown and growl inside. I let the pack pick, and I will respect their wishes.

The next day after celebrating Kevin's death, the end of the war, and my descion of mateing Hue, I call Hue. I still don't know if I should be happy about mateing with Hue, or disgusted.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

"Hey."

It's silent for a moment.

"Still there?"

"Yea. I wanted to let you that I'll be your mate. It's what my pack wants."

"Is it what you want, Roxy?"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is my pack. But if you dare try to take them from me, I'll kill you."

"I know you will."

"Good." I say. "Well, I'll be home tonight so we can do the stupid ceremony."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

We hang up. I sit there and think of ways this could end bad, and I have lots. I tell Natalya I promised to be there for the ceremony tonight, and she gets Jynx and Jingle to do my hair and make up.

"You're going to look so beautiful, every guy there will want to take Hue's place." Jingle says, then she blushes. "Not that they don't already. And you already are so beautiful Roxy."

"It's fine Jingle. I know what you mean." I give her a smile.

"I'm glad that black and red are colors that look amazing on you." Jynx starts. "Especially red, since you, it's the color of passion and your getting a mate tonight." I nod. "When I did the mating ceremony, I had to wear white like I was getting married cause I could not pull off red or even black." I smile at her.

"You look beautiful in everything Jynx."

It's true. Jynx is probably the most beautiful woman I've seen. But when your a werewolf, you always look good since in the past we used to kill humans by leading them away with our good looks like in the stories, but as we evolved into actual human beings with souls and stopped being dumbass imortals, we started having amazing features. Jynx has naturaly blue tinted black hair that she hilighted herself with a bright blue. Her skin is a natral tan that's perfect, and her eyes are to die for. Or at least, I would like them alot since mine are black and hers are this amazing blue. Blue is her color.

"Thank you Rox. You rock." Jingle and Natalya roll their eyes.

I look at myself in the mirror when they're done and see myself as almost a stranger. My make up is like how I usually have it, all smokey eyes and red lipstick. My hair is done in a complicated updo that only Jingle and Jynx could do.

"There." Natalya says. "Your ready."

She kisses the top of my head and I smile at her even though I feel like running away and puking. She heards me into her car and we get in. I watch the outside world pass me by, regreting my choice the whole way.