Chapter One-The City and Kevin

I sat in Kevin’s Penthouse, Natalya at my side and across from Nathaniel and Kevin.

Kevin’s Penthouse was much classier and bigger than my small suite at the five star hotel across city. But that was fine, the New Moon Pack was much more comfy visiting their Alpha and Beta in a small suite then anything else.

Natalya was right about Kevin's good looks. He has a natural tan that brings out his dark eyes. His hair is jet black and his lips are the perfect shape. His body is tall, lean, and musclur.

Kevin was eating some large well-done steak and backed potato, Nathaniel was eating a medium sized well-done steak and baked potato. Natalya ordered a simple salad, and I ate fresh shrimp and hot fries. I waited for Kevin to start the conversation since this was his home and territory, and I was just he guest alpha who was on his territory. I didn’t have to wait long.

“So, Roxy is it?” He asks me. Natalya watches him and Nathaniel, loyal to me and my protection being her first priority.

“Yes. But please, call me Roxy Newmoon.” I say. He smirks.

“Is that why you named your pack the New Moons?” He asks. I keep the polite smile on my face.

“No. We never named the pack officially before people started calling us that. They call us that since I’m so young.” I take a bite of shrimp, sipping the red wine I asked for. Kevin had been thrilled I was a wine drinker, even though I was so young.

“True. It is strange for a young, beautiful wolf such as yourself, to be the alpha of such a big pack.” His eyes flashed at his last two words.

“Yes, I suppose it is. But I left home with a goal, Mr. Kevin." He smiled when I adressed him as Mr. Kevin. "And I always make my goals." I take a sip of wine.

"Ah, that's what I like about you, Roxy Newmoon." Kevin says. "I'm like that too you see. My father was the Alpha of this pack before I was." He stood up and started walking towards Natalya and my end of the long table. There were thirty seats between us when he started, and counting. "I'm very impatient you see, and I didn't want to wait till he decided to give up being Alpha, or dying." He smiled cruelly and stopped when two chairs separated us. "I do regret having to kill though."

Natalya let's a small growl out, and Nathaniel replies with his own. I look at her from the corner of my eyes, and she stops. I take a sip of wine, my left hand curling up into a fist under the table. I feel my claws start to grow out. I put the wine glass down and lick my lips, breathign to let myself calm down.

"I see." I finally say.

"Ah, but I don't think you do, Roxy Newmoon." He pulls the chair out and lets the seat face me so he can rest his elbows on the back. He smiles. "He wasn't what the pack needed, you see." I nod.

"I understand, Mr. Kevin."

"You do?"

"Yes. What's best for the pack is all that matters."

"That's not what I meant-"

"I know." I stand up, Natalya stays seated, waiting for me to signal for her that we're leaving. "Your believe that your father was unable to handle the pack as you saw fit." I put one elbow on the chair that had separated me and Kevin. "So you decided that it was time to remove him so that you could lead it as you saw fit."

I stand there in front of him, letting him look over me, knowing exactly what he saw:

My feet in nice shoes made for both style, stealth, and speed. My red dress cutting short to show off my long sexy legs that held more stealth and speed then he could ever hope for, and with perfectly tanned skin as well. The dress clinging to my twenty year old body in all the right ways, and showing off my breast with the low cut. My eyes all done up in smokey make up to make my dark eyes look more mysterious. My cheeks bare to show off my high cheek bones and tanned skin. Then my lips, done in the same color red as my dress. My long dark hair flowing down my back and around my shoulders.

I see lust and want in his eyes.

"Now I didn't know your father, but I've heard lots of stories of him. So I know there is only two ways you could have beat him." I let my yellow wolf eyes flash to show him that the polite innocent looking girl is just hiding the Alpha wolf inside and she means business. "You either surpised him, taking out his Beta and any other wolf that stood in your way with Nathaniel and some other wolves you convinced to be on you side. Or" I smile as if I held the biggest secret in the wold. "you challenged him and won with, if my sources are correct, your strength that is greater than most wolves."

He let's a low growl out, and I see the hairs on his arms growing slightly.

"The way I won and killed my father is none of your concern, Roxy Newmoon." He says. I act like I'm looking at the time then put a fake pout on my face.

"Ah, it's so late. Natalya and I must be going if you have nothing else to say." I smile at him. He glaires at me for a moment then the smile is back.

"Ah yes, I do in fact. I have an offer for you, Roxy Newmoon." I wait as he walks back to his chair and sits. He takes a bite of his steak, testing me to see how long I'll wait. I let him chew and swallow, then take a drink of his own wine before he I clear my throat.

"I will not let you have my pack." I say.

"Ah, why not join them together? I thought that we could be mates, Roxy." I frown. Natalya stands up.

"I think it's time for us to go, Roxy." She says. I hold my gaze with Kevin, then smile.

"Kevin," I say sweetly. "I think I'm abit young for a mate."

"Ah, you can never be to young for a mate young Roxy."

"Well, sorry. Your not my type. Now I must listen to my Beta about it being time to go. My pack will be worried if we don't come back before the full moon rises. I don't want them to breakt our temporary truce after all." He nods.

"Of course. But Roxy," I wait. "I the offer will still be there for you to accept until the next full moon." A threat.

"Is that a threat?" I narrow my eyes, letting my yellow eyes show. My claws extend slightly.

"Of course not." I nod, not relaxing, knowing he's not done. "But I must warn you that my old packmates that joined you, will realize they made a mistake and attack you." Natalya looks at me, waiting.

"Well, Mr. Kevin, since you are threatening me, I best let you know that MY packmates are quite happy. And if I find out that you threaten any of them in anyway, I will see to it that you won't ever see the full moon again." I smile sweetly. "Now I wish you a good night." I turn and walk away. Natalya close on my heels.