Chapter 7

Previously on AxK:

"How did you know my name? As far as I know, I haven't given you any personal information about me. What do you mean by what you said? Who is supposed to be here instead of me? Who is supposedly the one you will kill at this very moment? Who is he?" A frown marred Achielli's scarred face. His face went closer and closer to Nagisa's, until the blue-haired lad felt the man's hot, stinky, smoke-induced breath upon his face.

"How I know you? That I cannot tell you, lad. About the other boy; he is about your age. His name is Kuroko."

-0-

"K-Kuroko?" Nagisa's voice resounded across the empty-feeling room. He looked into Achielli's 'eyes.' The man nodded. "You know him?" Nagisa hid his hands behind his back. He knew that it was an innocent curious question--almost harmless, really, but he could detect a challenging, cynical tone.

"Not really. Just curious." He tried to control his stuttering. It was working. He remembered their first meeting a few hours back. His mind wandered back to a memory that took place not so long ago...

"Hello." Kuroko greeted softly, waiting for his reply. He just stared blankly.

"H-hello. Um...thanks for helping me up," he held out a hand. "I'm Nagisa Shiota, pleased to meet you." The boy shook his hand lightly. " And you are?"

"Kuroko Tetsuya. Likewise." He bowed deeply. He was awed at his gesture of respect. No one had greeted him like this before. This guy looked like a respectful and polite person.

"Y-you don't need to bow down like that! It's fine." Nagisa stuttered, suddenly unsure of what to do. Kuroko stared at him. "Isn't it a polite thing to do? It's only necessary." He replied in a monotonous tone.

'He seemed so nice at a first glance. I'd never come up with thoughts of him involving suspicion. In fact, I would've not suspected him at all. He looks pale and weak, according to my observations and calculations. His stamina is slightly lower than average, but his intellect seems to be higher-notched. But I could've been wrong. Looks like there is more to him than meets the eye.'

Though, Nagisa's mind is constantly prodded by one thought: 'Why me?' He figured that the people that the so-called 'dark' organization had employed careless, inexperienced men to do the job of capturing him earlier...or were they doing it on purpose?

With Karma and Class E:

Karma rubbed the corners of his temple exasperatedly. Word of the situation must have reached the ears of their teachers by now. He was getting more pissed off at the minute when his mind wandered yet again and entertained the thought of their ridiculous yellow instructor.

He tapped his foot impatiently, his back leaning towards the side of a column. Two of his classmates ran towards him.

"Karma-kun, Irina-sensei and Karasuma-sensei heard about our current situation and will be arriving shortly," they both chorused. Karma raised his eyebrow. They looked hesitant. He prompted them to continue. One of them scratched the back of his head nervously. "T-the thing is...Koro-sensei hasn't arrived yet."

"...What?" he rumbled in a low voice. "That bulbous-headed freak...what is he up to this time?"

"His current whereabouts are unknown." Karma walked off to the others without a word. The two scurried right after him.

Indeed, as the two had previously said, Irina-sensei and Karasuma-sensei were there, talking in hushed voices. Their bodies were tense, eyes narrowed. After a while, both of them apparently reached a conclusion and nodded.