Chapter 5

Previously on AxK:

Feeling satisfied, the figure threw Nagisa's small body over its shoulders like a sack of potatoes, then casually slipped through the slightly-ajar door and closed it with a smirk.

Karma impatiently tapped his foot and drummed his fingers on the surface of his no-longer cold drink. It was almost ten minutes already, after Nagisa got up and went to the restroom. He couldn't possibly take that long, he deduced. He double-checked the brochure, right on the miscellaneous facilities section, and saw that it was less than a 15 second walk from the auditorium to there. He looked over to the prudish, strait-faced principal who, after the commotion, succeeded in calming the whole audience down, each person already forgetting the subject of the earlier fiasco; he was now currently steadily discussing the school's history and foundation and then Karma's short attention span forced his eyes to skim the brochure's front yet again. After the principal has said his part, the auditorium's previous silence broke and was later overcome with loud applause. He then gestures for the scarlet-haired valedictorian to step forward and start presenting his welcoming speech. Karma didn't listen or wanted to waste any more time than that; he pulled out his cellphone and texted Nagisa. His normally cold and apathetic ruby red orbs were filled with worry and concern for his cerulean-haired friend. He looked at the digital, built-in clock displayed on the screen of his phone. It has been 30 minutes.

After a short while, he started to feel sleepy and bored; he heard the heavy doors open, seeing a pale figure walk in with short, light-blue hair resembling that of Nagisa's. But the figure didn't seem like him. He looked more taller and more mature-faced, almost twice the size of Nagisa's upper body half. His uniform also looked significantly different. Half-awake, he briefly dismissed it. 'Does Nagisa ever undo his pigtails?' he halfheartedly thought. With a barely-functioning mind, he had finally come to the conclusion that it couldn't possibly be anyone else, due to the rarity of sky-blue hair in their country. Contented, Karma placed his slightly cold hands behind his head, shuffling into a more comfortable position in his large seat, and turned to shut his heavy-lidded eyes.

Karma missed the sight of his cellular phone beeping. Nagisa's name urgently flashed on the brightly lit blue screen. The message contained only one word: 'HELP.'

                                                                                               -0-

Nagisa was roughly thrown at the back of a cold, dirty, grimy and gross-smelling truck, reeking of mold and rubbish mixed with a rotting, rubbery stench. His small nose twitched, unconsciously wrinkling at the putrid smell. The backs of his arms and wrists were tied, including his knees and ankles, leaving him in an uncomfortable position. The ride in the truck was rickety and bumpy. He groaned when his body was hurled onto the metallic cold surface of the right inner shell of the truck.

He slowly blinked as his eyes tried to adjust to his dark surroundings. He blinked again. He was knocked out. The small, cramped space he was placed in is completely dark. He couldn't see a thing. 'Darn. Karma must be worried by now.'  He shook his head, disappointed for allowing himself to be caught off-guard just because he was at an alien and assassin-free school, with the exception of students from E Class. He had done his research, and not one of the people he observed manifested such characteristics.

His mind was a complete mess. 'How am I supposed to get out of here? Who are my abductors? Do they possibly plan to kill me for the money?' Nagisa thought these while rummaging for answers in his brain. 'According to my data, the last thing I saw was a flash of amber. It couldn't possibly be a classmate of mine, or any of my fellow A, B, C, or D Class peers. None of the faculty members or any of the school staff has amber-colored hair. Even Koro-sensei. He can't fool any of us with his disguises,' he sighed.