Chapter 6

Previously on AxK:

An unmistakably masculine voice pierced through his thoughts and got his attention. The voice belonging to the male was slightly raspy, letting out small puffs of smoke behind him. He slowly froze. He was caught.

"Come on now, don't be shy little fella. I'm just old and slightly rusty; I won't bite." Hesitantly, Nagisa slowly turned his back and mentally prepared himself to see who stood behind him. But he had never expected to see this particular sight before him.

He let out a loud gasp.

-0-

The man had an aged, deformed face. Innumerable black stitches were strewn across, like ribbons of ebony color. His complexion was sunken, an unhealthy grey color. His buck-toothed mouth was wide, with yellow, crooked, and sharp teeth jutting out in every direction, framed by pale, thin, and cracked lips. His unkempt beard had bits of food and gunk stuck on it. His whole face was framed with obviously dyed brown hair. He was shown to be a blind person, wearing dark brown-colored shades and a plaid red shirt sewn under thick overalls. He crossed his legs as he sat, forming an Indian position on the old-looking couch, emitting a casual demeanor, as if he enjoyed the current atmosphere of the place.

Nagisa tried to silently gulp. The old man chuckled.

"No need to be nervous, boy. Ey. The name's Achielli, young 'un. What fine weather today, isn't it?" Nagisa stared in disbelief. How could he be so relaxed and laid-back? The blue-haired boy was basically inside the enemy's territory. His fingers were trembling. He sensed that his opponent was strong. He could feel the aura radiating from the seemingly-harmless guy. He looked helpless and vulnerable in his outward appearance, plus the fact that he was old, rugged and blind; but Nagisa knew when to underestimate his opponents. He was not one of them.

"Y-yeah." His supposedly casual answer (or what he had hoped it would be) came out in a stutter. He mentally cursed himself.

"Wanna have some'in to drink? I've got some cold cans o' soda if you're thirsty." The man was holding a can of pop to him. Nagisa realized just now that he was dirty, sweaty, tired and dehydrated, caused by the exhaustion he had during the whole ride. His throat was parched and dry. He swallowed a bit of saliva, cautiously accepting the drink with shaky hands. He inspected it closely, making sure that it wasn't tampered with. He popped it open and took a swig. The cool, spiky, sugary liquid coursed down his throat, relieving him of his thirst almost immediately. He let out a satisfied sigh.

Meanwhile:

Karma's head nodded off one last time until his body jerked up. Everyone was starting to leave already. Some were still sleeping in their seats. They were just so comfortable and warm. He touched his drink to find out that it was no longer cold. He sighed. How many hours did he sleep in? Why didn't Nagisa wake him up? He yawned, sleepy and looked to his side.

"Ne, Nagisa, why didn't yo-" His eyes widened. Nagisa's seat was empty. His drink remained there, untouched. His things weren't there. He had suddenly remembered seeing a pale guy, with the exact same shade as Nagisa. He had sky-blue hair. Karma groaned softly, rapidly fisting his red locks in frustration. Never had he been so careless before.

He shot up from his seat suddenly, startling other students nearby. His eyes sharpened, scanning over the horde of students for Kayano. He immediately spotted her cheerfully chatting with Okuda about something. He strode forward, grabbing Kayano's arm and narrowed his golden orbs at her. Visibly startled, she only widened her eyes helplessly at him. Growling silently, Karma opened his mouth.

"WHERE is Nagisa? Have you seen him?" He steeled his gaze and tightened his grip on her arm. Kayano winced sharply. His grip on her arm was getting painful. Okuda only stared helplessly at them both.